Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 11,903 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Michael Conley. I live in the city limits of Akron Ohio. I have a 4 year old son, 2 year old daughter and a 5 month old daughter, I have been researching some names on a Public viewable sex offenders search. I have noticed that alot of the registered sex offenders do not have addresses posted, either that or the sex offender is released from the Summit County Jail with an address that shows two cross streets/homeless as they're address. I'm not sure if that is a good idea or if its even legal. Please correct me or tell me if i am doing the wrong thing or if this is against the rules, but i would like to post a couple names that i know Definitely DO NOT live at the address that is posted. If you would like to look up the names your self please do. They are a matter of public record, so feel free to browse.
The names are:

http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secu...aspx?oid=23778
First Name: Marty Middle Name: Ross Last Name: Putnam
Home Address 1032 WYLEY AVE AKRON, OH 44306-2443
I know for a fact that he is not living at this address. He lived at my house for 6 months, he is my ex's cousin so i thought nothing of it until a family member told me about him. For the whole time he lived at my home, he wasn't registered at my address. I made a report to the Summit County Sheriffs Office, i got no call back and there was no arrest made.

http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secu...aspx?oid=13678
First Name: Michael Middle Name: James Last Name: Mack
Home Address 1170 WEISER AVE AKRON, OH 44314-1429 Distance: Unknown miles
Other Address Unknown: Unknown Address: 1 N ARLINGTON ST
AKRON, OH 44305-2401 Distance: Unknown miles
He also does not live at his registered address. I made a phone call to the Summit County Sheriffs Office, no call returned, no arrest made.

http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secu...aspx?oid=31628
First Name: John Middle Name: Raymond Last Name: Coffe
Home Address BROWN AND LOVERS LANE AKRON, OH 44311 Distance: Unknown miles
This man was intoxicated, at midnight, walking down Fulton St. He walked onto my front porch and opened my front door without knocking or asking if he can come in. He sat down in my wicker chair and stated that he needed to rent a room and asked if we knew anyone young that we could "hook him up" with. I called the police, they came to my house, and only took a drive down past 80 Willard St. and that was about it. I called the Summit County Sheriffs Office and nothing happened. No arrest made. No word since.

I would like a little help on something that i can do to get this fixed. I dont know what else to do, these people that i have posted, are all registered sex offenders, yet they are not registered at the right address. Please email me if you know anything i can do to protect my children and other children. [email]ice_pick_killa_kaligo@yahoo.com[/email]

Thank You for taking the time
to read this to help keep my
neighborhood and other
young children in this City safe
Michael Conley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 12:38 AM

44 posts, read 177,220 times
I don't know if its legal or not, but good for you for doing it. The whole sexual predator thing is a joke, if you look through the website there are so many of them that have not registered it is ridiculous. Law enforcement seems as though they don't wan't to be bothered, and the sad reality is that these people will more than likely offend again. They CANNOT be rehabilitated, and the offenders will admit that themselves. The only solution is locking them up and throwing away the key.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Mr. Conley, you aren't going to like this, but so be it. There is a LARGE difference between "Sexual Offender" and "Sexual Predator". A 19 year old taking advantage of his 17 year old girlfriend or someone that was convicted of date rape is a whole different kind of sexual offender than someone who takes advantage of young children. All but a SMALL percentage of sexual crimes against young children are committed by people that the child is close to; relative, friend, etc. the idea that sexual predators are lurking around every corner is absurd, to say the least. I certainly understand your concern as a parent and it's admirable that you care. There is SO much more to this discussion but I'll stop here lest we have to move to the "Politics and Other Controversies" and that horse has already been beaten to death there...

Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 41,105 times
Default for one thing you shouls get your facts straight on real statistics before stating something

if you look at the department of justice site which puts the statistics together on sex offenders is shows only a 15% recidivism rate for reoffending. and that most sex offences are new offenders like maybe you!!. basically someone who never got caught, probably says his or her two cents and sitting there breaking a sex offence law, especially since peeing in public or mooning is a sex offence many people would be labed pedophiles as everyone calls all sex ofenders pedophiles now adays. get a clue. dont make stupid observations based on ignorance. you too might get caught one day or better yet charged for something you didnt do.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Sex offenders can include a man paying a hooker for sex. A child predator is a different animal. Child predators have a high recidivism rate and they are the ones who should be on the list. Most of the other sex offender crimes shouldn't be included on this type of list.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 10,217 times
Angry Re:

I think it is very ignorant to say that all sex offenders should be locked up and throw away the key. I know so many families that are torn apart by sex offender laws because of a stupid mistake they made or something they didn't do. Take my situation for example. I have known my fiancee for 5 years and dated for 2 years. We have a 6 month old son together and we each have a 5 year old from our previous marriages. But because his ex wife decided to get back at him, because he caught her cheating with a military member (the guy could get a discharge for that), she decided to upload some questionable sexual children pictures to his home computer. She then downloaded them to another CD, took them to the office of special investigation (OSI) on base and sure enough my fiancee got convicted. His lawyer advised him to plead guilty to get a lesser sentence. Now he has to register for the rest of his life. It took him nearly 3 years to get a job and now we are trying to find a house, but no one will let us get passed the application process due to him being registered. What are we supposed to do?? Half of his family doesn't know because it would be humiliating and we don't know how they would take it.

If we told everyone we knew we would have no friends and never leave our house. We don't go to parties or anyones house anymore for fear they will find out and will press charges. God forbid when our son goes to school, we live close to it... because thats not allowed either. In some states he can't even possess a childs toy. How is he going to attend any of our sons plays or anything that will go on at school if he's not allowed within 1000 feet?

The laws are ridiculous and his appeal was denied recently. I think its retarded when people assume they know everything about this.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been through alot with this.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,521 times
I am in the same situation as adj8409...BEFORE my husband I got married this last August 2011..he registered the new address, told his parole officer as she has been here at least a dozen times since August and also had to approve his new living premises. A certified letter came last week that he picked up two days ago stating he needs to vacate OUR home because it is 1000 feet from a school which I never knew prior to buying this house and we didn't know when getting married. This "school" is in a church. His offense is sexually oriented but by far means a predator. Yes dumb mistake 6 years ago mixed up with the wrong person who already had two ex boyfriends thrown in jail for something she lied about. We are seeking legal representation as my husband did his part registring his CORRECT address but somebody else failed to do theirs.
Since i had met, dated, and married my husband this unfortunate label that was pressured upon to take as a plea has really affected our lives. Will he even be able to pick up our kids or go to a ball game because all of the offenders are classed into a no 1000 feet from a school....really dumb. If that is the case then create a new island for them all. Something has to change.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
cant someone urinating outside be deemed a sexual predator? if so there is a wide range between relieving yourself and raping a child
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton