Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 01:24 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone -
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who lives in/will be visiting Akron on the evening of Saturday, December 6th and wants something relatively fun to do. Not only does Lock 3 (downtown) have their Christkindl Market and ice skating rink up, but there will be festivities in Highland Square in front of the building that houses Chipotle. If all else fails, Im sure there is a movie playing at the Highland Theater. For food there is: Chipotle, Aladdin's Eatery, Mary Coyle, MetroBurger and Angel Falls for awesome coffee & pastries
Saturday December 6, 2008 at 6:00pm
Highland Square

W. Market and Portage Path
Akron, Ohio 44303
Category: Family
The Highland Square Neighborhood Association (HSNA) will again be sponsoring “Holiday in the Square”. The event will be held on Saturday, Dec. 6th at 6 pm. in front of the Market Path/Chipotle building.

This year promises to be one of the nicest Christmas events for Highland Square in many years. We are pleased that many businesses will be involved in providing food, entertainment and decorations for this wonderful evening of holiday cheer.

This years activities will include two community church choirs to lead us in the holiday sing a long, a brass ensemble performing holiday music, the annual countdown to the tree lighting, a raffle for adults and children, refreshments for those in attendance and last but not least, Santa Clause himself.

Ticket Info: free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times
Good to see HS getting in on the festivities. That neighborhood is a gem and the city of Akron would be foolish to keep trying to ruin it with those crappy suburban like strip malls. I wish I could live there, but as a UA student, its a touch pricey.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times
Default Pricey?

Studios run between 400-440
1 bedrooms = 525-545, roughly
2 bedrooms = 625-650

The prices above are cheaper than your typical rent, say in Fairlawn and Cuyahoga Falls. In the older buildings, you normally only have to pay electricity (my most recent bill was $14 and summer runs no more than $40 - thats with a window A/C unit).
Most of the buildings in our area are old school, as in built in the 1920s and 30s.
The 3 high rises in the immediate area are (Tower 80, The Highland Square and Highland Towers) more expensive but also larger.

I think you mentioned in another post that you are going to the UofA, so I would imagine you might be limited with money. I remember those days. If you are ever fortunate to live in the Square, try to stay north of West Market St. and I would recommend not living too far past the Seville building on W.Market (going towards downtown).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton