Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:11 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,624,920 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Alabama this summer. We are looking for a very small town that is laid back and friendly. Our children are elementary school age and were looking for a close knit family oriented place to live. We've been looking in Cullman and Blount Counties. Any information anyone could give me please. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2006, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 21,641 times
Try Trussville just outside of Birmingham. Has brand new Elementary and Middle schools. Building new high school soon. Small town atmosphere with big town convienences. Has Target, Home Depot, Lowes Regal 16 theatre, all kinds of restaurants, new mall being built with Belks, Best Buys, etc. Also has cute downtown with neat small shops. Nice churches of all donominations, big and small. Has nice park and a good size library. Community pool is being worked on right now so won't be open THIS summer. Has a nice youth sports complex with baseball, football, softball and soccer for the kids. And it has tennis courts. Check it out.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 10,307 times
Check out the web site for Eufaula,Al. It is really a great place to live.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 10,306 times
Lincoln is a nice small close knit community, it's far enough away from the big cities but offers quite a bit, Honda Plant, Talladega Speedway, lake access, the elementary school is only a couple of years old & the jr. & high school grades are all together in a brand new school as of this year & its beside the elementary school which is great for kids a few years apart.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 10,302 times
Well im orginally from 30 miles west of chgo il. We move to arab al 22 yrs ago. With 4 children if like the confort of a small town this is the place the schools our better than huntsville. You could teach in small town, and we have police dept for the hubby. I figure you save because of the traveling time and wear and tear on cars and gas prices. And we our between two big city huntsville al is only 30 north and birmingham is 70 south. That is where my husband has travel for 22 yrs bless his heart. I have a small upholstery business here. But my dream was to move to alabaster but the property is high like in the north, also birmingham real estate is high like in the north. This is a growing town we have a suppe wal mart and fast food .Hope this helps

Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 AM

18 posts, read 82,904 times
Default places in al to go

i,like fsdollar, love the eufaula area....... we have been searching that area for months to relocate and am going back on mon to purchase a place in that area....... great warm REAL people. close enoughh to major city for us, and very affordable in all aspects........ its wonderfull

Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 AM

3 posts, read 15,861 times
I was born & raised in Cullman, moved away to start my career, and moved back to raise my children. We still live there now, and would not think of raising our children anywhere else. You will love it.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 AM

12 posts, read 55,853 times
Default Recomend

Oxford has everything you need.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 10,271 times
Default Grant

try the grant or scottsboro areas. I grew up in grant, it's a scenic mountain town with the friendliest people you will ever meet!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 PM

73 posts, read 434,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotyacovered2000
Well im orginally from 30 miles west of chgo il. We move to arab al 22 yrs ago. With 4 children if like the confort of a small town this is the place the schools our better than huntsville. You could teach in small town, and we have police dept for the hubby. I figure you save because of the traveling time and wear and tear on cars and gas prices. And we our between two big city huntsville al is only 30 north and birmingham is 70 south. That is where my husband has travel for 22 yrs bless his heart. I have a small upholstery business here. But my dream was to move to alabaster but the property is high like in the north, also birmingham real estate is high like in the north. This is a growing town we have a suppe wal mart and fast food .Hope this helps
Oh yes Arab ! I was raised 10 miles north of here but have lived in Arab for the last 20 years I really would'nt consider anywhere else. I own a Lawn and Landscape service here and have more than I can keep up with. I love the town and the people in it . If I need something that Arab don't have its only minuets away. If you are looking for work in the Technical field from computers to Aviation to missle defence this is the place for you. Redstone Arsenal is only 25 min away and research park only 35 min away. Looking to Retire ? You want find a cleaner or quiter place than Arab, you will be only 10 minuets from one the best bass fishing exsperiances of a life time, The beutiful Lake Guntersville is home to 3 world record bass catches and has been featured in several fishing media magazines and the location of several TV fishing shows. From family fun to just rest and relaxation you will not find a better area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama