Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 05:05 AM

846 posts, read 836,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
Then names some noteworthy Viroligists, Medical Doctors, and Epidemiologists who "disagree," I wanna hear it
Exactly. And from the trenches, I have a wife who does Covid testing in a local hospital, a daughter who has been a floor nurse with Covid patients, and countless former students of mine who are nurses working in hospitals across North Alabama. Many of my former students are conservatives. I haven't seen a single one claiming Covid is overblown, exaggerated, or similar to the flu. Instead, they have been begging people to take simple precautions and get vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 PM

40 posts, read 81,562 times
Prove its real. Not because of "tests". But I want to see it isolated. But we all know that isn't possible. Because it was proven to be a hoax in March 2020. That's why the lying corporate media works tirelessly to fabricate stories to brainwash the public. And hospitals have no interest in curing anybody. They are a industry for promoting illness. And the administrators of those institutions fools all the nurses and some doctors. I think people should stop outsourcing their brains and try interrogating information more. Realize that most of society has become a scam against the consumer for profit and power. I don't need 24/7 news to tell me when the flu or a stomach virus comes around. Yet, I am supposed to rely on a test or someone else to tell me that covid exists. YEAH. I wasn't born yesterday. I've been here for half a century. Seen many political hoaxes in my time. Knew the news was fake back in 1981. And also saw that the covid virus was proven fake back in march 2020. Think for yourselves. You might actually see reality. If people are suffering and dying. It isn't because of covid. Fruit has a better chance of getting it.

Old 04-17-2021, 12:59 PM

40 posts, read 81,562 times
I vote for not bringing more stupidity to Alabama. Keep it in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm from NY and plan on moving to Alabama. Right now - despite the lock down and masks mandated - we had 7,840 New cases yesterday compared to Alabama's 318 new cases.

Michigan, California, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are still experiencing larger numbers of new cases and we've all been locked down, had restrictions placed on us and wear masks.

I can almost bet that there will be more sickness this next year because are immune systems will be compromised because we've been masked.

For now we know the vaccine is at least good for 6 months as that is as long as they've been following the test group. Fauci said it may last years but this was before the mutated strains began occurring and researchers now believe that we will need a booster at least once a year if not sooner.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:52 PM

561 posts, read 1,517,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
COVID is "special" because it is has higher rates of infection, required new technology and research to create vaccines and killed more people than the typical flu season.
Yeah, it was a VERY SPECIAL lie told to the sheep who believed it hook, line & sinker. It was the flu, nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to believe the "scientists" like Bill Gates and Faucci would lie to you, but they did. So you gave them over a year of your life for absolutely nothing!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:13 PM

657 posts, read 600,673 times
Back in line with the original question; I have observed more people are opting to not wear a mask in larger venues this weekend in comparison to last weekend when the mask order expired. My wife and I visited four different retail establishments. Two of the establishments were large with one being a grocery store. Of the four establishments; I observed very few wearing masks in two establishments. One (a nursery) had what I would estimate 25% of the people wearing a mask. The last was a grocery store and I would say 60% of the people wore a mask. My wife and I opted not to wear a mask in any of the establishments.

I have to admit that I did "feel the stares of some" in the grocery store. An aspect that I did observed in the grocery store was the mix of "old" and "young" going without a mask was about equal; with the "younger" crowed being the maskless majority. As stated previously, I feared the the outbreak of heated discourse given the allowance of each establishment to determine their own rules. Fortunately, I haven't witnessed any issues.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:45 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,865,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Back in line with the original question; I have observed more people are opting to not wear a mask in larger venues this weekend in comparison to last weekend when the mask order expired. My wife and I visited four different retail establishments. Two of the establishments were large with one being a grocery store. Of the four establishments; I observed very few wearing masks in two establishments. One (a nursery) had what I would estimate 25% of the people wearing a mask. The last was a grocery store and I would say 60% of the people wore a mask. My wife and I opted not to wear a mask in any of the establishments.

I have to admit that I did "feel the stares of some" in the grocery store. An aspect that I did observed in the grocery store was the mix of "old" and "young" going without a mask was about equal; with the "younger" crowed being the maskless majority. As stated previously, I feared the the outbreak of heated discourse given the allowance of each establishment to determine their own rules. Fortunately, I haven't witnessed any issues.

My observations were similar. I have been to multiple retailers and noticed many more without masks this weekend vs. last weekend. I haven't experienced the stares from those wearing masks but then I don't really pay any attention to them nor do I care so if they were trying to give me the look I probably just did not notice.

I heard Costco is being over the top about attempting to require masks to be worn in their stores and they have been having some confrontations and arguments between staff and customers. I will just avoid that issue and not visit Costco and put myself in the middle of that mess. They will give up on it soon or some nut job will beat the daylights out of one of their employees during a confrontation and they will decide not to put their employees in that position anymore. I would not want to be the one that stands at the door and argues with people about putting a mask on. People are crazy and you are rolling the dice on when a really crazy one will step in the door. It won't be surprising to see a Costco news story. lol

Last edited by dijkstra; 04-19-2021 at 08:04 AM..

Old 04-19-2021, 01:55 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,442,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljoebay View Post
Prove its real. Not because of "tests". But I want to see it isolated. But we all know that isn't possible. Because it was proven to be a hoax in March 2020. That's why the lying corporate media works tirelessly to fabricate stories to brainwash the public. And hospitals have no interest in curing anybody. They are a industry for promoting illness. And the administrators of those institutions fools all the nurses and some doctors. I think people should stop outsourcing their brains and try interrogating information more. Realize that most of society has become a scam against the consumer for profit and power. I don't need 24/7 news to tell me when the flu or a stomach virus comes around. Yet, I am supposed to rely on a test or someone else to tell me that covid exists. YEAH. I wasn't born yesterday. I've been here for half a century. Seen many political hoaxes in my time. Knew the news was fake back in 1981. And also saw that the covid virus was proven fake back in march 2020. Think for yourselves. You might actually see reality. If people are suffering and dying. It isn't because of covid. Fruit has a better chance of getting it.
Are you a virologist? Are you a medical doctor? Are you a biologist? Do you have a science-related degree? Where did you acquire your vast knowledge about this? I'm sure you're none of the above. This screech of a post is a poor reflection on you.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:23 PM

1,032 posts, read 798,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm from NY and plan on moving to Alabama. Right now - despite the lock down and masks mandated - we had 7,840 New cases yesterday compared to Alabama's 318 new cases.

Michigan, California, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are still experiencing larger numbers of new cases and we've all been locked down, had restrictions placed on us and wear masks.

I can almost bet that there will be more sickness this next year because are immune systems will be compromised because we've been masked.

For now we know the vaccine is at least good for 6 months as that is as long as they've been following the test group. Fauci said it may last years but this was before the mutated strains began occurring and researchers now believe that we will need a booster at least once a year if not sooner.
I am looking at Southern states to move too down the road. Things are getting worse in New Jersey with the over a year long restrictions.

I think as long as we have Murphy as Governor the mask mandate and restrictions stay. We have the world longest state of emergency ever. The DMV and Unemployment is a mess and businesses are closing all over. Parents are overwhelmed with their children in online school and they are working full time.

Wearing a mask is a joke I still caught covid in January and i knew other folks who caught it and they listened to all the rules. The mask as just a security blanket it makes people feel comfortable.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:25 PM

13,772 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Are you a virologist? Are you a medical doctor? Are you a biologist? Do you have a science-related degree? Where did you acquire your vast knowledge about this? I'm sure you're none of the above. This screech of a post is a poor reflection on you.
I can't speak for @cooljoebay and didn't even read his entire post...but why does one have to be a virologist, medical doctor, biologist, or have a science-related degree in order to weigh in on this common sense issue?

I personally know many doctors and scientists. I grew up with them. I went to school with them. They are not a special class of people. They're just as much susceptible to personal/political biases and mob/herd mentality as anyone.

Frankly, based on how unscientific all of the supposed "experts" and "scientists" have been throughout this whole ordeal, I'm inclined to lend them less credibility and deference than I did before covid came on the scene. They're going to destroy the credibility of their entire industry as soon as people wake up (if they ever do).

Old 04-19-2021, 04:11 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,865,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I am looking at Southern states to move too down the road. Things are getting worse in New Jersey with the over a year long restrictions.

I think as long as we have Murphy as Governor the mask mandate and restrictions stay. We have the world longest state of emergency ever. The DMV and Unemployment is a mess and businesses are closing all over. Parents are overwhelmed with their children in online school and they are working full time.

Wearing a mask is a joke I still caught covid in January and i knew other folks who caught it and they listened to all the rules. The mask as just a security blanket it makes people feel comfortable.

You would be amazed how many people have moved to the Huntsville/North Alabama area in the past 6 months to escape the shutdowns and restrictions in liberal states. They want to be able to just simply go to work every day and make a living. The only problem with that is, in the future they need to remember why they moved here and why the situation where they moved from was like it was and then vote accordingly in future elections. If they move here and vote for the type of politicians they had in the previous location, before long they will be living with the same nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama