Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:10 AM

13,682 posts, read 7,996,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Presumably you're qualified to make such a statement?
I'm not, but there have been many studies to come out pointing out the psychological harm of masking in this context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
This is the problem when people allow their political biases and wishful thinking get in the way of commonsense public health.
You're projecting. Can't you see that this is exactly what you're doing? No, of course you can't

Quote:
The CDC, the Mayo Clinic, and dozens upon dozens of other researchers have confirmed the effectiveness of masks.
"Confirmed"? Not one researcher has confirmed that. Do you know what "confirmed" means?

Old 03-31-2021, 07:43 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,067,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm not, but there have been many studies to come out pointing out the psychological harm of masking in this context.

Psychological harm?

Oh, in other words, it traumatizes snowflakes and neurotics? Is that what you're really trying to say? And is that why you don't wear one?

Tell you what. Produce a link to that study and we'll discuss its merits.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Tell you what. Produce a link to that study and we'll discuss its merits.
Here's one. I don't have time to go digging around right now. If you had been paying attention for the past year instead of being glued to the TV you would have seen plenty of it yourself. As I'm sure you know, google has been censoring out search results that don't conform to the Approved Narrative™.

https://corona-transition.org/der-ma...chaden-und-die

This isn't a study, but a recommendation from your Magisterium (the WHO) regarding masking children in which it warns of the "potential impact of wearing a mask on learning and psychosocial development" https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...ed-to-covid-19

Old 03-31-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Here's one. I don't have time to go digging around right now. If you had been paying attention for the past year instead of being glued to the TV you would have seen plenty of it yourself. As I'm sure you know, google has been censoring out search results that don't conform to the Approved Narrative™.

https://corona-transition.org/der-ma...chaden-und-die

This isn't a study, but a recommendation from your Magisterium (the WHO) regarding masking children in which it warns of the "potential impact of wearing a mask on learning and psychosocial development" https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...ed-to-covid-19

For someone who didn't have time to dig, you sure dug. I mean, you couldn't even find a study in English. You had to go find some half-baked screed in German that didn't even provide data for its findings. That's some seriously weak cheese if you ask me.

Then, of course, you provide the pat conspiracy theory narrative that Google somehow blots out all scientific studies that agree with your point of view.

And as far as the WHO study is concerned, it speaks to masking children under the age of 5, not adults. Are you a child? I mean, your understanding of science seems to be on that level. But if you're above the age of 8, you're supposed to deal with things as a grown-up, not some emotionally-arrested person who doesn't think about the consequences to anyone but oneself. I mean, heck, that selfsame report said that anyone 12 and up should be wearing a mask. It's like you didn't even bother reading the link you supplied.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:29 AM

44 posts, read 80,631 times
heck, just choose lol

Old 03-31-2021, 12:21 PM

957 posts, read 747,146 times
Quote:
This is the problem when people allow their political biases and wishful thinking get in the way of commonsense public health. The CDC, the Mayo Clinic, and dozens upon dozens of other researchers have confirmed the effectiveness of masks. But some guy in Escambia county thinks they're full of beans. So I guess he's right and they're wrong.

Either that or the guy is just too big a baby to wear a mask. I'm guessing that's the real truth here.
CDC,WHO, FBI,CIA...blah.....all bs

Old 03-31-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post

Thanks for that persuasive argument. As a reward, here's something for you to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkFRs6eng4

Old 03-31-2021, 01:16 PM

23,615 posts, read 70,530,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Why do I think your favorite source of unbiased science is Pravda?

Seriously, I am impressed with the ability of Russian psyops to influence.

Old 03-31-2021, 02:15 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,997,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I had my second shot two weeks ago and I will continue to wear a mask, at least for a while (a few months) until danger is past. If you'll not when you see scenes from Texas, which is "wide open" - most people are still wearing masks. It's the smart thing to do, in my opinion.
I was in Fort Worth last weekend and I'd say 80% of people were not wearing masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama