Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,883,696 times

Advertisements

Of course this is all fictitious.

Let's say you have always wanted to have a little charter fishing operation someplace say...like SE Alaska. So after working last season for an established charter guy, you buy his business and start to do your own charters. Your first charter involves your brother and a couple of friends, whom you want to impress with what a big shot you are, no doubt because they've always considered you a low level punk.

You manage to catch some fish and bring it to a fish processing facility; when it's been processed you come to pick it up fairly late in the evening. No one is in the plant but an elderly lady, whom you proceed to act like an asinine jerk to, expecting her to lift around fifty pound fish boxes while you stand there looking for all the world like the jackass that you are, all for the sake of trying to be "someone".

You're coming back tonight for more of the fish you caught. Some of your halibut appears to be an illegal catch; have to check with the feds on your behalf, I suppose...wouldn't want you violating the law. Don't bother to thank me, I'm more than happy to assist you in staying on the straight and narrow. Some guys came around today...wanting a recommendation on charter services. Your name didn't seem to come up; sorry about that.

Oh, and we're anticipating quite an influx of business this season from the charters, and since we only take a limited amount from them, we're going to have to decline any more from you. You'll understand, I'm sure. I would recommend a couple of our competitors to you, but the economy hit them pretty hard last year and they don't appear to be around this year.

When you come around tonight, the elderly lady won't be there for you to try to bully. My brother and I will be waiting for you, though. We're not going to carry your fish boxes either.

This thread should be a sticky; I'm predicting that idjits will be thick as flies this year and I'm going to swat them down like the pests that they are.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-14-2010 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,380,191 times
Good for you Met, don't let an idjit push around old ladies.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Especially since the elderly lady is the one who set the standards for this business a long time ago when she started it--people coming around treating the help badly are simply not welcome here. It's the least we can do to see that the same principles are applied to her.

I'm having some new signs made...think I'll call up tomorrow morning and add another one...simple enough, "IDJITS" with a big slash through the middle of it.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-14-2010 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 09:58 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,380,191 times
LOL brilliant idea on the signs

Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,822,964 times
Unless she has mellowed quite a lot or its not the elderly lady I think it was...she wouldda kicked the guy in the nuts and gave him a severe tongue lashing.....just to start with

Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,910,786 times
To bad it's fictitious. Would be good humor if it were true story.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 PM

Age takes it's toll, CC.

LOL, I recall when the famed "no smoke" list started, years ago when she kicked some self impressed -48 ft cat type of idjit out for life when he flipped a teenage fish cutter a two buck "tip" and told him to "buy himself a Cadillac".

That same "fish cutter" arrives back on the island tomorrow evening, by the way

Old 06-15-2010, 09:51 PM

204 posts, read 473,443 times
lol Met, you always seem to bring a smile to my face whenever I read one of your posts. I'll consider myself fortunate since you don't seem to lump me in the 'Idjit' pile. I'm bm'ing this post just so I can read the updates... lol

Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM

No real update; the idjit's been put in his place. I actually sort of feel sorry for him right now....just a young guy trying to be someone; I've decided to put him on sort of a probation. If he's smart he won't act up again.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,822,964 times
Quote:
Age takes it's toll, CC.
Maybe with some people, but she is bullet-proof...

She roasted me once after I stopped by and fixed a support post your son had backed into the night before that was holding up her upstairs porch, or had been

Then she put me to work on a couple other projects before I was able to escape... !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska