Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:28 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

Such gibberish talking points. Lather, rinse, repeat. Zero substance.

YouTube - Joe Miller Struggles To Outline Poverty Policies!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Sorry for responding above, just love your State is all. Not to mention, I am sick of all the spending by the present administration so I was hoping for a change of power. Which is why I am upset with her wanting to be a write in. The thought of another spender's voting power in the Senate is sick. She could devide your vote to a point that a Red state in a Red year gives the senate a Blue boy. Not sure why the Tea Party didn't like her and maybe she was best but it appears to the rest of us like sour grapes.
Personally, I believe both major parties are rotten to the core, and the Tea Party is jam-packed with folks that are mainly off-the-wall.

I also believe we need a viable third party as does most of the country.

With regard to your concern about spending, I share that. I shared that when Bush Jr. was president. I shared that all the way back to Reagan.

It just irritates the heck out of me that folks like you are all of sudden up-in-arms about the national debt. I'd loved to have seen that type of anger many years ago.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
Murkowski is conservative enough - why have a fringe candidate who will embarrass Alaska?

People should stop whining - if a real majority of Alaskans want Miller it doesn't matter how many people or Kodiak Bears act as a write in - Millier will still win. Miller does not represent the average Alaskan - at least the average Alaskan with at least a high school education.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:42 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Sorry for responding above, just love your State is all. Not to mention, I am sick of all the spending by the present administration so I was hoping for a change of power. Which is why I am upset with her wanting to be a write in. The thought of another spender's voting power in the Senate is sick. She could devide your vote to a point that a Red state in a Red year gives the senate a Blue boy. Not sure why the Tea Party didn't like her and maybe she was best but it appears to the rest of us like sour grapes.
Yeah, you were no doubt fine with the "spending" of over a trillion dollars your favoured fratboy W indulged in when he lied us into a war in Iraq, and left us with such a mess.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Yeah, you were no doubt fine with the "spending" of over a trillion dollars your favoured fratboy W indulged in when he lied us into a war in Iraq, and left us with such a mess.

NO and NO I was Not happy with the spending at with Mr. W. I thought it was horrible and how could you get worst. Well, guess what it got worst.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Personally, I believe both major parties are rotten to the core, and the Tea Party is jam-packed with folks that are mainly off-the-wall.

I also believe we need a viable third party as does most of the country.

With regard to your concern about spending, I share that. I shared that when Bush Jr. was president. I shared that all the way back to Reagan.

It just irritates the heck out of me that folks like you are all of sudden up-in-arms about the national debt. I'd loved to have seen that type of anger many years ago.
I was up in arms for the last 10 years. It has gotton worst and you have to admit that when you put more and more programs on and the government gets bigger and bigger we're all doomed. Lived many years (7 years) oversees so I do know about taxes. I just think this Administration has too much control. I have decided I LIKE GRID LOCK.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
NO and NO I was Not happy with the spending at with Mr. W. I thought it was horrible and how could you get worst. Well, guess what it got worst.
Obama was absolutely right to spend. The criticism is that the stimulus was not large enough. The unemployment rate would have been higher without the current stimulus. I don't blame you if you didn't know this since you will not hear of it on Fixed News.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I was up in arms for the last 10 years. It has gotton worst and you have to admit that when you put more and more programs on and the government gets bigger and bigger we're all doomed. Lived many years (7 years) oversees so I do know about taxes. I just think this Administration has too much control. I have decided I LIKE GRID LOCK.
One of the biggest expansion in government happened under W. But we didn't hear a peep then from today's spending concern trolls.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
One of the biggest expansion in government happened under W. But we didn't hear a peep then from today's spending concern trolls.

We should have! Then maybe people would have been up in arms about the expansion a lot earier than now. Maybe we would have had to had the Tea Party because we we're living within our means. Look at us now, I am suprised with you guys from Alaska, always thought of you as the self-sufficient type. You were pleased with the stimulus and the insurance plan. Shocking to me that you are, I guess being a grandma I am thinking about what my grandchildren will have to pay for our mistakes.

I am not a George W lover you guys, I don't care now what he did, he is gone. I am looking at what we are doing and what we will be doing if we do not get grid lock soon.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I have decided I LIKE GRID LOCK.
Of course you do, you're a member of the party of NO. But, you'll change you mind about gridlock when your party of NO takes control again.

And spending will be back in vogue with you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska