Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,037,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
Food for thought: Any political figure has to go through the trial by fire of public scrutiny, questions and general stumping in order to get the public on board with the idea of being hired for the job via voting. If a political figure won't answer questions, won't talk to journalist or any media not under their propaganda reach and shows utter disdain for the electoral process and the rights of the people to scrutinize them for the job, then why would anyone consider them trustworthy enough to represent them? I just don't get it.
Because many of us don't trust the media anymore. It reminds me of listing to Radio Moscow when I was a kid. Parroting information that they knew to be untrue.

Also, we already know where Murkowski stands and don't want any more of it. She is tied in with the power structure in Alaska and the US that feeds huge sums of money to certain interests in exchange for millions of dollars of support for her election. This is the current pay for play scheme that is going on from the top to the bottom in our government and it's not called corruption as long as it's done with a wink and a nod in the open and not in some dank hotel room.

Joe Miller isn't perfect. But I completely back his stance on not talking to the media. And if he gets elected and is not what I expect him to be...I'll vote for someone else next time. But I know what Murkowski is and she needs to be out.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM

941 posts, read 1,793,960 times
I just got back from my week in Eastern Pennsylvania and I heard a lot of different opinions around many discussion tables. There were over 20,000 people at the meet so it was a minuscule population to use as a base for any statistics but it does show what people who have done well enough in life to take a week off and travel long distances to gather with friends and people with a similar interest. The first observation I have to make is I found few people with Ray's spiel. For the most part I'd classify the group as above average in income and many are better educated then in usual populations. In one group I felt like the loser being everyone had more and higher degrees than I did. However one person in that group was parroting a spiel that sounded exactly like Ray. I almost asked to see his cheat sheet to make a copy so I could post it here with the exact words Ray uses.

But over all it seemed almost everyone was of an opinion that the economy was down because a rotten administration followed a good one leaving the present one to clean up the mess. And the general consensus was it's going to take longer than we'll like to fix this mess. The best one I heard was from some of the retired military who thought it was only right to bring the entire population up to their medical care level which several noted was still below the Congressional or Federal employee level. One postulated that if the TPeeres had their way the military might lose their health benefits. That was when I though to my self that's never been part of Ray's arguments. He's like Miller; If it's good for me then it's we need to keep it.

But the surprise was since some of them knew I had moved to Alaska I was asked what was wrong with those people up there? I replied that I didn't think all of them were that way and I'll leave it to the individuals to determine what that means to each of you.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:27 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,636,492 times
The Alaska Dispatch is the one that's been uncovering most of the dirt on Joe. He just doesn't like them digging into his distinguished past.

So now he's handcuffing those who speak the truth, not speaking to anyone who wants the truth, and only talks with The California Tea Party, FOX News, and Sarah.

Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry. Isn't that right, Joe?

Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5mN...layer_embedded

Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 PM

191 posts, read 360,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Because many of us don't trust the media anymore. It reminds me of listing to Radio Moscow when I was a kid. Parroting information that they knew to be untrue.

Also, we already know where Murkowski stands and don't want any more of it. She is tied in with the power structure in Alaska and the US that feeds huge sums of money to certain interests in exchange for millions of dollars of support for her election. This is the current pay for play scheme that is going on from the top to the bottom in our government and it's not called corruption as long as it's done with a wink and a nod in the open and not in some dank hotel room.

Joe Miller isn't perfect. But I completely back his stance on not talking to the media. And if he gets elected and is not what I expect him to be...I'll vote for someone else next time. But I know what Murkowski is and she needs to be out.
Marty

While it's fun to see what is probably the first national level candidate ever to go flat out nuclear with the mainstream media, I think this stuff is killing his chances of winning any independents. I hope he isn't paying his campaign staff much. I'm hearing from a fair number of my staunch Republican friends that they are abandoning ship. It sucks because a lot of his constitutional views deserve a hearing, but at this point, he is just feeding the sharks.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,037,307 times
Sounds like quite the meet Richelles. I haven't been following enough to know what it was. But it doesn't sound like it is a good sample of the electorate. I'm sure you have been following close enough to know that barring something out of the blue the current administration is going to be swamped with Rs in three weeks. I don't think that is because the people want him to keep on the same track.

It sounds like the people at the meet are an aberration.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Ray You're stooping pretty low to pick up crap like that hoping some of us intelligent people wont see how illiterate it makes you look. If you actually believe that contains anything factual then you don't belong in an intelligent discussion. Why don't you pick something that makes sense to post? And while you're at it why not leave the word Obamacare out of your statements? I doesn't show you in a good light when you keep using such a worthless acronym. The name doesn't fit anything an intelligent person would use. Is that so hard for you to understand?
Why don't you read the article first? According to the article posted by Moose, the "reporter" shoved a person there. He was also detained for trespassing (according to the article).

Also, according to the article, The Attorney General will decide if the person was trespassing or not, not me nor anybody else in this forum. So, those of you who are defending the "possible" trespasser are just as wrong as I am by defending the security guard who detained the reporter. Why? Because it's not you nor I who decides if the reporter was trespassing or not.

And if any of you don't believe that "trespassing" is not possible in public places, go ahead and spend some time hanging around the school playground during recess.

By the way-and I am assuming again-it's very possible that the "reporter" accused of trespassing will also be charged with assault, and also, it's very possible that the same reporter is one who has been following Miller around Alaska with his little camcorder.

We will have to wait and see. If I am wrong, then I will admit of being so.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:30 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
The Alaska Dispatch is the one that's been uncovering most of the dirt on Joe. He just doesn't like them digging into his distinguished past.

So now he's handcuffing those who speak the truth, not speaking to anyone who wants the truth, and only talks with The California Tea Party, FOX News, and Sarah.

Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry. Isn't that right, Joe?
If the "reporter's" bosses are involved on the lawsuit to open Miller's work record to the public, it only makes sense for such a reporter to wait for the courts to decided the outcome of the lawsuit, instead of trying to force Miller to speak about it.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM

Joe doesn't wanna answer any questions about his background or personal life.

I think I'll apply for a job that pays $10.00 an hour and when they start asking any questions about my life, I'll tell 'em to stick it. Want a resume? Forgetaboutit. Wanna do a background check, a drug test, a criminal history check, call my former employer, or run a credit check? In your dreams.

If a senate candidate doesn't have to, why should someone like me applying for a job with GEICO as a service rep.

Hell, I might even handcuff the interviewer to a chair if s/he pushes me for too much info.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
If the "reporter's" bosses are involved on the lawsuit to open Miller's work record to the public, it only makes sense for such a reporter to wait for the courts to decided the outcome of the lawsuit, instead of trying to force Miller to speak about it.
Exactly. And that's the approach I plan on taking at my next interview. Want any info on me, Mr. Employer, then file a lawsuit, cause I ain't talkin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska