Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:17 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times

Advertisements

Bob - Can you modify your plan to include just things that are non-lethal to people walking in the woods?

Motion activated bear repellant??? With plenty of signage/warnings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 02:21 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,362,977 times
State and National Parks can modify the plan, yes...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmon View Post
is it true that hunting Grizzlies had a large bounty on them in Alaska??
No.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:19 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
This trap would only work on fast slow walking grizzly bears because nothing would stop them. Only bob visionary worked out plan. Mechanical spring up device.
I think Blockas has been reading Ralph Waldo Emerson's quote about building a better mouse trap and misspelled bear in his answer and lost that fact because he works for the mouse kingdom. Does anyone know when Blockas started having ideas? In the posts I've read about his ideas they seem to have started quite early in his life perhaps even before he was born. It would seem the best idea he could ever have is to quit posting but then we'd not have anyone to laugh at would we? With his Disney experience he might need to go into audioanimatronics so his ideas could come equipped with sound and real time motion. Imnagineering is a Disney term for building something that would entertains the guests. Imagine a full size BB jumping up and scaring bears on a bike path in Anchorage. WOW

Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
For the paranoid campers amongst us, there's already portable electric fences to set up around tents IIRC. Or people could just their heads a little while out there, with a gun for emergencies...

That bear trap idea...roflmao...

Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,289,376 times
Bob Blockus with a gun? Wow. Adult supervision, yes indeed.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Bob Blockus with a gun? Wow. Adult supervision, yes indeed.
Okay, for him, water gun filled with pepper spray. Yes indeed.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
This thread is pretty interesting in a sociological sense.

Some of you take every chance you get to bash Bob. You must have been schoolyard bullies in a past life.

Your garbage here is not representative of the Alaska that I know and I've known it for one hell of a lot longer than most of you have.

The Bob bashing is disgusting. Bob is a highly functional autistic...

Those of you who pile up on him like a pack of hyenas shuold be more than ashamed of your miserable selves.

Your garabge is not what Alaska is about. Take it back to the -48.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Some of you take every chance you get to bash Bob. You must have been schoolyard bullies in a past life.

Your garbage here is not representative of the Alaska that I know and I've known it for one hell of a lot longer than most of you have.

Those of you who pile up on him like a pack of hyenas shuold be more than ashamed of your miserable selves.

TOUCHE Met!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Great post, and oh so true. Bob rents more space in Warptman's head that anyone else.

I'm sure I'd rather have a beer with Bee Oh Bee Bob than Warpt' or any of the others who consistently ridicule him.

Bob appears to be doing a hell of a lot more with the hand he was dealt than many other people I know. Kudos to him for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska