Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 AM

9 posts, read 27,074 times

Advertisements

Wow I am amazed!!! I truly appreciate you letting me know!!! I dont know this sounds dumb but It just makes me feel wonderfull hearing from someone whom knew him. He truly was a wonderfull man. tons of fishing stories ! very funny and yes a wonderfull laugh, since you had not known what happend to him i know he lived here in montana for at least 3 yrs, and was wonderfull to myself and my kids. I have googled but I keep getting the people searches you have to pay for. paying is not the part that bothers me. It is all of the personal info thay want on him or even myself!! I already feel government and so on is way to invasive at times. thank you for your help. kelley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 11:28 AM

15 posts, read 51,272 times
Default Check your Private Messages!

I have sent you a PM!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 AM

52 posts, read 461,653 times
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
This site may help you with your search. If he is still in Alaska and signed up for our Permenant Fund program his name will be on the list. How to find an address is the hard part. This is public record information.

State of Alaska - Permanent Fund Dividend Division (http://www.pfd.state.ak.us/applicantinfo/index.aspx - broken link)

The state web page has links that may be of help also.
State of Alaska Home Page
Whoa! I had no idea they posted recipients of the PFD on the Internet. Thank you for posting that link. What could possibly be gained by this...I wonder why they do that? Seems kind of dangerous to list all these people's names, especially when so many of them are minors, in this day and age but I wonder if anyone has info on this practice? And it was nice to read a happy ending to the story (sort of) about the original poster of this thread finding some info on the missing friend.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:21 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven and Bear View Post
Whoa! I had no idea they posted recipients of the PFD on the Internet. Thank you for posting that link. What could possibly be gained by this...I wonder why they do that? Seems kind of dangerous to list all these people's names, especially when so many of them are minors, in this day and age but I wonder if anyone has info on this practice? And it was nice to read a happy ending to the story (sort of) about the original poster of this thread finding some info on the missing friend.
If that makes you nervous, they used to include addresses in previous years too! Now only what you see. Anything that was public information prior to the internet is now available from most states online. Some require you to login or pay a fee. During the Knowles administration, Fran Ulmer brought Alaska into the 21st century by putting government online. Besides the state, look up your borough records, court records, and don't forget the Recorders office. If you have a profesional liscence or are liscensed by the state that is online also. There seems to be lots of sources for information on each of us. OH YEA, you will love this! Belong to a club or other organization? If they publish online or publish members info in a news letter. Google will be sure to pick it up. That also includes your childrens times running track etc in school sanctioned meets. I was amazed at what I saw durring my surname search on google. Just remember ... Remain Calm its been out ther for years!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,488,609 times
Default ulterior motive

Don't forget that there's an ulterior motive in that PFD posting, it's called "collections".

Every year come PFD time theres a huge line outside the office in ANC and probably others places as well, and its filled with reps from the various collections agencies. They're there because they've got a lein on somebodies PFD, someone that owes them money. There are a whole raft of businesses that target the low income population, selling them furniture, electronics, cheap used cars, etc. on the premise that someones PFD for the year can serve as collateral. If they default on the loan, goodby PFD. Since some people default on more than one loan, the agencies compete with each other to see who can get "first dibs" on the deadbeats dividends...first come, first serve.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM

510 posts, read 3,201,763 times
If it helps Kelly Littleton doesn't own a property in AK. There are however a few listings for a Kelly Thomas, but they all have wives, and per purchase date they don't appear to be who you'd be looking for.

One other side note...if you search names on the net, it will return a ton of results which can be hard to sort through. You should do image searches through google, yahoo, and msn. Search under the full name(s) and possibly just last names. Much easier to search if you can see each result, and easily know if it's worth delving into the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: