Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,574,700 times

Advertisements

Well, all I can say is, "I'm really glad she can't move here." Her and her family used to cross the border though to avail themselves of good inexpensive Canadian Health care that she dispises for everyone else.

Last edited by lucknow; 05-29-2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 12:33 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yeah SOF, I'm a garden-variety Californian. We're all the same, aren't we?

People are mostly ignorant in this country. That's why we've made such incredibly poor choices for politicians. Any large city has several people who are more intelligent and with better moral character than Bush, Obama, Reagan etc.

By the way, I'm not particularly "Californian" except for current residence. I've lived in several states.
Like voting for Obama? Keep in mind that Obama won big in CA. Not only that, but your State is broke, too

Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 AM

255 posts, read 694,771 times
Palin remains the most dangerous person in America, no matter where she lives.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 AM

811 posts, read 1,317,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Like voting for Obama? Keep in mind that Obama won big in CA. Not only that, but your State is broke, too
Ryan threads like this one show people are afraid oh her. She has drawn other people from the other parities and they don't like that. It seems they look for anything to blame her for (not working). Here in Liberal state of MI, at the Grand Rapids book singing she had 3000+ people show up for the singing and they like what they hear.

Long Lines In Grand Rapids For Palin Book Signing - CBS News Video

Before she rode in the back of the bus now she owns one.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLooking View Post
Palin remains the most dangerous person in America, no matter where she lives.
Palin remains the most popular person in America!!!!! All fixed.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, all I can say is, "I'm really glad she can't move here." Her and her family used to cross the border though to avail themselves of good inexpensive Canadian Health care that she dispises for everyone else.
LMAO, Why do so many come the the USA for transplants, the waiting list to long??

Not much good there except the land, you cant own the mineral rights of your own land.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:50 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times
Quote:
as Canada was and is the closest place for medical treatment for many Alaskan they still go into Canada for treatment. It is the same anywhere in US that is close to the boarder. You also forget the the treatment was not "free" to US citizens, cash was and is paid at time of service just like the Canadian who come into the US for surgeries and treatment. works both ways

Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Quite a slam on the State of Arizona.

Palin's continued presence on the political scene is a clear indication that a segment of the country has historically low standards. She's pathetic. Poor Arizona.
Well that is certainly true of the LIberals/Dems to have elected obama the worst president in history!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Quote:
Funny how nobody talks about how Canadian healthcare does not cover "Everything" and it differs Greatly depending on where you live up there, and that they sell Medical insurance in Canada why is that needed?
Oh and how one MRI machine can be for a whole province to share and gee the wait time.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:58 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
as Canada was and is the closest place for medical treatment for many Alaskan they still go into Canada for treatment. It is the same anywhere in US that is close to the boarder. You also forget the the treatment was not "free" to US citizens, cash was and is paid at time of service just like the Canadian who come into the US for surgeries and treatment. works both ways
Very true. I lived in Plattsburgh, NY. This town is located perhaps 64 miles from Montreal, but very close to the border (same as Burlington, Vermont). Our clinics and hospitals always had a great number of Canadian patients who could not wait for treatment in Canada, or ones that lived closed to Plattsburgh and Burlington than Canadian hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska