Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,714 times

Advertisements

I would certainly LOVE to get there and see the foilage on the east coast with all of you... BUT... must save the gas money for that 3800 mile AK trip you know LOL...

GEEZ... I am so hoping.. I believe it would be a great idea to connect through Skype and at least say Hello... ... just let me know.. I believe one of my first road trips when I get to AK is to visit you Freezen... all those positive vibes have to be helping...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I would certainly LOVE to get there and see the foilage on the east coast with all of you... BUT... must save the gas money for that 3800 mile AK trip you know LOL...

GEEZ... I am so hoping.. I believe it would be a great idea to connect through Skype and at least say Hello... ... just let me know.. I believe one of my first road trips when I get to AK is to visit you Freezen... all those positive vibes have to be helping...
ditch skype and go with igoogle phone! much better and easy to use!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 AM

Default need to check it out ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ditch skype and go with igoogle phone! much better and easy to use!
I haven't seen this app yet... thanks will have to do that ...

Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,869,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post

I do love visitors!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 AM

never had a passport.. can you believe it LOL... had to send it expedited... nothing $233 won't cure..GEEZ... but driving to AK the candians won't let me just drive through you know... see positive thinking...

Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM

854 posts, read 1,978,552 times
so far i've only met one member.

she is turbo nice and i only wish i had such a cool grandma.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:09 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
I didn't leave Alaska to escape the frequent earthquakes but the magnitude 5 one we just had here on the East coast was enough of a push pull shake to make me think I might still be in Anchorage. My cat is hiding and isn't coming out when I shake his food jar so he must think I took him back up there. Bonnie you might be blamed for this being you wanted to have a group of list players gather so fair warning is being given to one and all. I just looked and it was in Virginia and has been rated as a 5.8.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:20 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
I didn't leave Alaska to escape the frequent earthquakes but the magnitude 5 one we just had here on the East coast was enough of a push pull shake to make me think I might still be in Anchorage. My cat is hiding and isn't coming out when I shake his food jar so he must think I took him back up there. Bonnie you might be blamed for this being you wanted to have a group of list players gather so fair warning is being given to one and all. I just looked and it was in Virginia and has been rated as a 5.8.
yup I'm sure I am to blame somehow or another! when I rise in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the devil himself quakes with fear and say "oh crap she's up"! hahahaa... an I was out in the fruit orchard on a ladder at the top of a peach tree when it hit! 'twas an interesting sensation!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
The VA thread is all abuzz...they're not use to them. I still remember my 1st one. Wow, Vermont, Conn. and Delaware felt it also.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
I've heard people from North Carolina to New York were standing out side afraid to go back inside because of aftershocks.They say this has been the largest quake since May of 1897 in the area so they have a lot of newbiies among them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska