Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 AM

200 posts, read 287,293 times

Advertisements

Hey Blue! I will definitely need to give Freezengirl a call once we get settled in! Cannot wait to meet some of the people from C-D that have been so awesome and helpful.

Aww, Naturesdreams, wish you were coming up with us. We could just meet in Montana and caravan the rest of the way on the Alcan 10 months is a short time though, you will be in Alaska where your heart is in no time!!

I have sold so much stuff so quickly trying to get rid of stuff before the move, I may have to look into being an auctioneer as a career option! Ha Ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewnsue View Post
Hey Blue! I will definitely need to give Freezengirl a call once we get settled in! Cannot wait to meet some of the people from C-D that have been so awesome and helpful.

Aww, Naturesdreams, wish you were coming up with us. We could just meet in Montana and caravan the rest of the way on the Alcan 10 months is a short time though, you will be in Alaska where your heart is in no time!!

I have sold so much stuff so quickly trying to get rid of stuff before the move, I may have to look into being an auctioneer as a career option! Ha Ha
I will be doing that too... I hope the warmer weather holds out here so I can get a yard sale in now and then another in the spring...

Gosh... keep looking at my milepost and keeping you guys in my mind... can't wait to hear the adventures and see the pictures...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:35 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,522 times
Take your time and enjoy your drive up here. My husband and I did it in six days from northern MN but if we had to do it again would take more time. I don't think our butts had any feeling in them until a week after we arrived! I would do it again in a heart beat since I like nothing better then the open road in front of me through gorgeus country though my husband does NOT feel the same. Someday I am going to get myself a pickup with a camper on it and do a lot more wandering with no time table. Heavenly! I will be looking forward to meeting you with a big old Welcome To Alaska smile on my face.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 AM

468 posts, read 799,128 times
It is getting so close now! I agree with taking your time on the drive. It is absolutely beautiful! This summer we turned it into an extended vacation. This trip, I made it from Minnesota to Tok in 6 days. I could have pushed on to Fairbanks, but I was tired as the only driver. The fall colors are so beautiful that I wish I could have taken a couple of extra days to enjoy it more.

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Hey y'all! Just popped on here to check out what's been happening up in North Country and saw the new posts in this thread. Freezengirl, cannot wait to meet you and your hubby! Once we get there and get settled in, I will contact you to see when we might be able to meet up. Lunabell, saying a little prayer for you and your daughter for a safe journey as you travel on to meet the rest of your family. I wonder who is more excited, you or your husband and daughters? Hope it is a blessed reunion for all.

We are going to take our time driving up, but don't want to dilly dally too long because winter is coming and I would like to try to make it through the mountain passes before they get too treacherous.

We grilled out some of the silver salmon last night from our fishing trip in August. YUMMMMMMYYY!! Can't wait to learn to smoke it

Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
stewnsue....did you rent your house or did you sell it???

Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
stewnsue....did you rent your house or did you sell it???
Hey Blueflames, we are selling our house. Our oldest son is going to attend closing for us and have POA for sale. We are actually putting it on market on the 13th, but have already had people come by for a look just from word of mouth. Realtor says it should go pretty quick since it is remodeled, near the lake, sitting on 6 acres and priced right!! From her mouth to God's ears, as the saying goes!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM

115 posts, read 165,769 times
I'm jealous.... you get to drive up early, and it looks like I will be a week later... was supposed to get home around the 5th, but might be as late as the 14th... then will still have to pack. >sigh<

I still plan on trying to enjoy the drive as much as I can.... the other option is to not pack, just throw some essentials in my SUV, and try to fly down in the Spring and get the rest of my stuff... but I would really just like to get it all done...

Decisions, decisions...

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlessfemme View Post
I'm jealous.... you get to drive up early, and it looks like I will be a week later... was supposed to get home around the 5th, but might be as late as the 14th... then will still have to pack. >sigh<

I still plan on trying to enjoy the drive as much as I can.... the other option is to not pack, just throw some essentials in my SUV, and try to fly down in the Spring and get the rest of my stuff... but I would really just like to get it all done...

Decisions, decisions...
Aww Fearless, you will be here before you know it! Just got to get back to the states so you can get busy packing or flying or driving or well, just get here!!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 AM

It's official! I accepted position yesterday with a start date of Oct. 24th!!! No turning back now We may even be able to leave before the end of the month if we can get everything sold. Woohoo!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska