Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 AM

11 posts, read 25,012 times

Advertisements

I am a medical lab tech living in Georgia. I have a husband and 2 daughters ages 10 and 8. I was raised in Alaska and moved due to my dad being in the Army. I am looking to come back to Alaska to raise my children there. I miss it very much, and would do absolutely anything to go back. If anyone knows of a Dr.s office, or lab hiring please let me know. I check job websites daily, but sometimes people may know someone personally that is looking to hire.

Thanks a bunch!!

Wanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 09:16 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnor5557 View Post
I am a medical lab tech living in Georgia. I have a husband and 2 daughters ages 10 and 8. I was raised in Alaska and moved due to my dad being in the Army. I am looking to come back to Alaska to raise my children there. I miss it very much, and would do absolutely anything to go back. If anyone knows of a Dr.s office, or lab hiring please let me know. I check job websites daily, but sometimes people may know someone personally that is looking to hire.

Thanks a bunch!!

Wanda
Look at Samuel Simmonds in Barrow. They always have a need in the lab there. The pay is good and housing is provided.

http://www.arcticslope.org/documents...%20Vac%202.pdf

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

wow they have had that job posted since 2009!!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:44 AM

200 posts, read 287,580 times
Hi there. Don't know where you are looking to move but there is a job posting for MLT at the hospital in Homer, AK. www.sphosp.com for more info. Good luck!!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times
Here's a position in Juneau:

Human Resources < Bartlett Regional Hospital

Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
wow they have had that job posted since 2009!!
They've been using travelers for a long time. The head of the lab can be a right dragon lady (her nickname) but the lab runs smoothly and is very well equipped for being on the North Slope. The housing is beautiful.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
They've been using travelers for a long time. The head of the lab can be a right dragon lady (her nickname) but the lab runs smoothly and is very well equipped for being on the North Slope. The housing is beautiful.
well she responded to me basically saying that i dont have enough experiance

Old 08-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
well she responded to me basically saying that i dont have enough experiance
She's probably mad that she left her broom behind when she went back to Barrow.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
She's probably mad that she left her broom behind when she went back to Barrow.
i do really appreciate your help though!!! you all were really helpful...
but if you all run across anymore info please let me know. i submitted to everything that was posted on this thread.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 AM

5 posts, read 12,075 times
Hi Wanda,

I've never been to Alaska, but one of my friend stays there. While discussing with him I came to know that there are good opportunities for health technicians in Alaska. So I don't think you'll find any problem in finding a job there. I found a site on web which could help you in finding the various scopes available for a medical lab technician http://www.medicallaboratorytechnici...ory-technician This has been a career in demand since ages, as every laboratory needs medical lab technicians in bulk. And I'm sure the case would be same in Alaska as well. So don't worry and start applying to the the hospitals in Alaska. After getting a job you can apply for visa and complete other facilities as well. My best wishes are with you. Good Luck!!!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska