Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,924,704 times

Advertisements

The phone's been ringing all day for the last two days...not so unusual for here, but most of the calls were delivering the same message. The great Southern SE Alaska seine fleet is done for the season and headed for home. There's one more opening but the majority won't be fishing it; the bad weather's coming in tomorrow morning so they're getting out while they can. So here's to them...

We're all beyond tired.

It was a record year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 AM

6,380 posts, read 14,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The phone's been ringing all day for the last two days...not so unusual for here, but most of the calls were delivering the same message. The great Southern SE Alaska seine fleet is done for the season and headed for home. There's one more opening but the majority won't be fishing it; the bad weather's coming in tomorrow morning so they're getting out while they can. So here's to them...

We're all beyond tired.

It was a record year.

Well congrats on a good year.!

Where they headed to? Ballard, WA? I think that 80% of Alaska fishing fleet is there!

I always liked the trip from Dutch Harbor with the Crabbers to Ballard! Was kind of a good wind down for the season!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,890,408 times
Sign of fall and an end to your season... I bet your mom is very proud of you Met... I hope you get some much needed rest..

Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well congrats on a good year.!

Where they headed to? Ballard, WA? I think that 80% of Alaska fishing fleet is there!

I always liked the trip from Dutch Harbor with the Crabbers to Ballard! Was kind of a good wind down for the season!
Most go to Ballard, a lot of them fish the WA coast for a little while after we close here (even the AK based seiners run down there for a bit). This area probably has more actual Alaskan seiners than others, per capita at least.

Just heard that this was the biggest money year on record for SE Alaskan salmon.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 PM

6,380 posts, read 14,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Most go to Ballard, a lot of them fish the WA coast for a little while after we close here (even the AK based seiners run down there for a bit). This area probably has more actual Alaskan seiners than others, per capita at least.

Just heard that this was the biggest money year on record for SE Alaskan salmon.
I kinda like going though the locks at Ballard, then see all the fleet from Alaska there wintering. Kinda like a reunion!

Glad it was a banner year!

Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Sign of fall and an end to your season... I bet your mom is very proud of you Met... I hope you get some much needed rest..
LOL...my season is far from over, though. The cannery part of the business still has a couple of months to go and we've got steelhead sports guys coming in. And we're making venison sausage this year for the hunters. The 18 hour days are pretty much over for us now, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: