Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:58 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
So...you thought she was a man who isn't receiving child support? How would that make any difference? Single fathers have just as hard a time as single mothers.
Sorta. I think it's catching up now, but historically men have earned more than women. And I think that they may get more "social support"; people volunteering to babysit and whatnot. I recall running into an old friend at a holiday gathering who was raising his daughter by himself...a lot of others hadn't seen him for a long time either. I was amazed at the people who kept remarking what a great guy he was for doing so, how wonderful it was that he was raising a child by himself. And some of the single women there were...well, some of them seemed very impressed. That doesn't happen so much with single moms; it's sort of taken as a matter of course. I found it a little weird.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,787,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Who watched the little ones when you were running around swiping napkins from businesses to use as TP?
Wow... when I went out. they were with me. when they went out, I was with them.

Yeah I am a real bad person for taking napkins !! Wow. grand theft napkins.

Nine teachers have come to me and asked.. How did you do this ? We have never in all our teaching careers ever met boys like this. How did you do it??

I said simple; I spend ALL my time teaching them daily. Everyone that meets my sons, is so impressed at their manners and how they speak.

Their whole lives they go to bed - listening to classical music or psalms or proverbs.

I raised them right and proper. And everyone notices it instantly and they always comment on it.

Four babies were literally dumped in my lap.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 AM

914 posts, read 2,104,824 times
Quote:
Who watched the little ones when you were running around swiping napkins from businesses to use as TP?
lol

Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 AM

I like the 'twist' & spin on my simple statement. I wasn't stealing anything. Customer arrested for taking napkins. Yeah there is alot of that going on.. Its in the news all the time.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:13 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
Quote:
Sorta. I think it's catching up now, but historically men have earned more than women. And I think that they may get more "social support"; people volunteering to babysit and whatnot. I recall running into an old friend at a holiday gathering who was raising his daughter by himself...a lot of others hadn't seen him for a long time either. I was amazed at the people who kept remarking what a great guy he was for doing so, how wonderful it was that he was raising a child by himself. And some of the single women there were...well, some of them seemed very impressed. That doesn't happen so much with single moms; it's sort of taken as a matter of course. I found it a little weird.
It is weird. The single moms were probably excited to meet a man who wouldn't view their single parenthood as baggage.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I like the 'twist' & spin on my simple statement. I wasn't stealing anything. Customer arrested for taking napkins. Yeah there is alot of that going on.. Its in the news all the time.
So---instead of buying TP, you went into restaurants as a customer, stuffed your pockets full of napkins, packets of sugar, and who knows what else (did you steal silverware and glasses too?), taking your children with you and teaching them that stealing is all right. And I don't think you were there as a customer; it doesn't make economic sense. Even if you just bought a round of sodas for your kids and yourself in order to justify swiping everything that wasn't nailed down, it would have been cheaper just to buy the toilet paper. Considering that you'd have to pull this scam once or twice a day to get that many paper products stuffed in your pocket for five people, I don't buy that you were a paying customer. And even if you were, paying customers have no right to steal. What a terrible lesson to teach your children.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So---instead of buying TP, you went into restaurants as a customer, stuffed your pockets full of napkins, packets of sugar, and who knows what else (did you steal silverware and glasses too?), taking your children with you and teaching them that stealing is all right. And I don't think you were there as a customer; it doesn't make economic sense. Even if you just bought a round of sodas for your kids and yourself in order to justify swiping everything that wasn't nailed down, it would have been cheaper just to buy the toilet paper. Considering that you'd have to pull this scam once or twice a day to get that many paper products stuffed in your pocket for five people, I don't buy that you were a paying customer. And even if you were, paying customers have no right to steal. What a terrible lesson to teach your children.
I just knew you were going to blow this all out of proportion and assume and presume!

Thanks met !!!

Yes I was arrested and had to pay a $5,000 fine! Children were taken away and raised by the state.

you need a lesson in how to tell the truth and quit lying and making things up that are not even close to resembling the truth.

typical!!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm just responding to your statement that you used to (and you probably still do) stuff your pockets full of napkins to use as TP. And I don't believe that you were doing so as a customer because it would have been cheaper for you to buy TP in a store.

Just because you didn't get caught doesn't make it right, Eves. And a lot of business owners were probably on to you but looked the other way out of pity for your boys.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM

There is a very simple 3 letter word you have completely left out of the equation in all your presumptions.

All I had to do in each and every case - was ... ASK!! (POLITELY)!!

Yup. when we walked out of a restrauant. forks, spoons, knives, all falling out of our pockets..

dishes were under our coats.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 AM

You sure woke up in a bad mood today. What a way to begin the day..FULL OF HATE!!

you ought to be ashamed of yourself for all this stupid presumptions. I just love the way people love to blow things all out of proportion to make their case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska