Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I sort of like the show. The people are kind of boring, with the exception of that kid that runs the one mining camp and and the old man who likes to run( ruin?) the equipment. If I lived out west I'd be prospecting in my spare time as a hobby, that and fossil hunting.
We were joking around about making a YOUTUBE video spoofing the show. Just go to a construction site in the woods and have a narrator introduce you and describe your operation. Then talk about how you think gold bearing ground is right beneath you and take a few test shovels and pan the dirt. Have gold spray painted sand and pebbles in abundance planted and then begin a monologue about easy it is to find gold up in Alaska and how anybody can make a killing with gold being so easy to find if you know what you're doing. Talk about how your profits will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars in a few weeks digging.
I'd like them to do one up in Canada next, the klondike.
Are you not paying attention? The Hoffman crew are mining in the Klondike on this season of the show. Their claims are just outside of Dawson City. That would be the heart of the Klondike mining area....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM

595 posts, read 1,172,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgeonryan View Post
You all are crazy! This show is addicting. Is anyone ever going to answer the question on how much these guys actually get paid? How about gold total leaks?
I am not crazy,and maybe You need to get a life ,other than sitting on your azz watching scripted tv shows.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM

10 posts, read 19,849 times
Found a pretty funny gold rush 2 parody video.

Warning: viewer discretion is advised for language.

Gold Rush Alaska - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska