Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Once again you have zero clue what you're talking about. Do you even have any idea what "shorefast ice" even is????????????????????????
Yes, I do, but that's not what we were talking about. In fact, Eves edited his post to include the part after the semicolon. The quotes I was referencing were things like:

""Air traffic will not be flying in the weather that we're expecting in the next 24 to 48 hours," he said. Posing an additional threat is the lack of sea ice off northwestern Alaska."

"History tells that the sea ice helps subdue the storm surge"

"With no sea ice there, we could see the full brunt of that 6- to 9-foot storm surge."

None of those referenced shorefast ice, and nothing I said had anything to do with shorefast ice. So what are you talking about? And what part of my post makes you claim that I don't know what I'm talking about? I was making a simple statement that it is essentially an accepted fact that the ocean has been freezing later, and that is absolutely a true statement. Even your partner-in-crime Eves agrees with me about that. You're just jumping on me for your own amusement, as usual.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Yes, I do, but that's not what we were talking about. In fact, Eves edited his post to include the part after the semicolon. The quotes I was referencing were things like:

""Air traffic will not be flying in the weather that we're expecting in the next 24 to 48 hours," he said. Posing an additional threat is the lack of sea ice off northwestern Alaska."

"With no sea ice there, we could see the full brunt of that 6- to 9-foot storm surge."

None of those referenced shorefast ice, and nothing I said had anything to do with shorefast ice. So what are you talking about? And what part of my post makes you claim that I don't know what I'm talking about? I was making a simple statement that it is essentially an accepted fact that the ocean has been freezing later, and that is absolutely a true statement. Even your partner-in-crime Eves agrees with me about that. You're just jumping on me for your own amusement, as usual.
It doesn't do any good to try and talk to an idiot.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
The only thing I agree with Ship - is you can't read the same simple sentence I typed twice !! I don't understand what was so difficult to understand ??

What I can't UNDERSTAND is how come ? simple sentences always end up the center of some major issue ????????????

I typed the exact same thing in each post. but I had to add to it.. to clarify what I was talking about; and it is very clear we are not on the same page here.. !!

Old 11-10-2011, 12:30 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Two more storms now, Sity & Stiffler's mouths a flapping...

Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times
Guys, rather than blindly hurling insults at me, such as calling me an idiot or calling me illiterate, how about you actually address what I said in my post and point out what it is that you disagree with. The thing is, you just want someone to insult and try to get a reaction out of. Can't you see it isn't working?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieGilbert View Post
We are experienced in the refurbishment of both the traditional and modern-style homes found in south west London, and with a portfolio of existing and previous developments, Alex Baxter is considered one of the most accomplished and sought-after London builders in the business.
visit: Builders London ? Refurbishment Building Companies & Contractors
Perfect

Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:

Sea ice normally doesn't form much yet at this time of year that far South on the Coast. it is naturally forming later than in the past, but it won't be really freezing hard to the beach til the late part of November, to early December. So if this storm hit 50 years ago, it wouldn't have made that big of a differance.

Matter of fact, had the ice been thicker than it is now and land fast along the shore, storms can drive floating sea ice up into town and crush the Buildings as the videos I posted earlier show. The first video was in January up at Oogaruk, a man made island where the sea is only four to five feet deep for miles. Still the ice was coming up a fifteen foot bank to come up on the island. By the way, the kid who did the video, got fired when they found out he posted it on YouTube...

There is lots of variables, but Man Made Global warming isn't a factor, it's nature doing what it does. Maybe if the ice was farther along forming early, the ice could have crushed the entire towns along the Coast!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
f. Can't you see it isn't working?
Your internet based education of all things Alaska always overrides our real world observations and experiences. So why waste anymore keystores on an idiot whose only reply will always be "But that's not what the internet said!!"

Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 6,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

"Arctic sea ice this year reached the second-lowest coverage since satellite records began in 1979, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado."

Wow!!! A whole 32-33 years worth of data. The earth has been heating and cooling for thousands of years, with sane and rational scientists/people realizing the sun is the driving force behind those changes. Just human arrogance to think we actually have a such dramatic affect on the planet.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
wow!!! A whole 32-33 years worth of data. The earth has been heating and cooling for thousands of years, with sane and rational scientists/people realizing the sun is the driving force behind those changes. Just human arrogance to think we actually have a such dramatic affect on the planet.
Bravo !!! Refreshing to read simple common sense again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska