Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

A 2009 case? More than likely he will pay a big fine.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Its was 10K....you didn't read the article Ray

" Nugent will be banned from hunting or fishing anywhere in Alaska and on any U.S. Forest Service land nationwide for one year.

He will also be placed on two years' probation."

Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
He's done this sort of thing in a number of states. The guy enjoys killing animals for the fun of it, whether legal or not. His mind is diseased, and his guns should be taken away.
Unfortunately, it does appear that he's been charged with numerous hunting violations in other states.

I just can't defend this guy, and I'm sure that those who do will simply cloud the issue with claims that he's being "unfairly attacked" because of his political convictions.

Sorry, Hog, but I live fairly close to where this took place, and although the island in question is an uninhabited one, plenty of locals go there on day trips, etc. and it's right off some of our best shrimping grounds. I don't think it's right that a self-impressed celeb with an inflated sense of entitlement should be coming to our land, wounding a bear and leaving it. Your poster from the other forum was wrong. There was blood. Maybe not much, but that's the nature of puncture wounds (a superficial surface wound might have produced a more substantial amount of blood) . No one really knows how badly that bear was injured -- but the fact that there was blood on the site indicates that he didn't entirely "miss" when he aimed his arrow.

And he and his lawyer should keep their traps shut about how ridiculous the hunting laws in SE are; it isn't there call. I'm sure that they think that it shouldn't matter, but it better not be my kid that has an encounter with a blackie that some idiot hunter has wounded.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I still own the Stranglehold album I bought back in 78. Stranglehold is a jammin tune and I still enjoy it to this day. Never did care for the rest of his music tho.

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold - YouTube

Old 04-20-2012, 11:57 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Unfortunately, it does appear that he's been charged with numerous hunting violations in other states.

I just can't defend this guy, and I'm sure that those who do will simply cloud the issue with claims that he's being "unfairly attacked" because of his political convictions.

Sorry, Hog, but I live fairly close to where this took place, and although the island in question is an uninhabited one, plenty of locals go there on day trips, etc. and it's right off some of our best shrimping grounds. I don't think it's right that a self-impressed celeb with an inflated sense of entitlement should be coming to our land, wounding a bear and leaving it. Your poster from the other forum was wrong. There was blood. Maybe not much, but that's the nature of puncture wounds (a superficial surface wound might have produced a more substantial amount of blood) . No one really knows how badly that bear was injured -- but the fact that there was blood on the site indicates that he didn't entirely "miss" when he aimed his arrow.

And he and his lawyer should keep their traps shut about how ridiculous the hunting laws in SE are; it isn't there call. I'm sure that they think that it shouldn't matter, but it better not be my kid that has an encounter with a blackie that some idiot hunter has wounded.
This calls to mind an earlier post upon which I meant to comment and did not.

Yes, Mr. Nugent does have the right to disagree with hunting regulations IN HIS OWN STATE, but to the best of my knowledge, he is not a resident of Alaska. That means he needs to either confine his little jaunts to more sympathetic territory or keep his damn yap shut.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
I seen that, like I said many states would count that as as a miss. No game to tag back to hunting.
So? Alaska doesn't.

Alaska is not the lower 48. Just because things are done in certain ways in other states doesn't mean that they should automatically apply to Alaska. There are good reasons why certain regulations are in place, and hunters who think that those regulations don't matter because "that's not how they do things in the -48" should do us all a favor and remain in the -48.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:00 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
In the eyes of this die-hard fiscal conservative and social liberal, the Whackmaster is an embarrassment. That's all he's ever been, and that's the most he can ever hope to amount to.

Last edited by Rance; 04-21-2012 at 09:46 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 04:29 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
This calls to mind an earlier post upon which I meant to comment and did not.

Yes, Mr. Nugent does have the right to disagree with hunting regulations IN HIS OWN STATE, but to the best of my knowledge, he is not a resident of Alaska. That means he needs to either confine his little jaunts to more sympathetic territory or keep his damn yap shut.
His home state is Michigan, and has something like a 1000 acre ranch not to far from me down near Grayling. Same place as the owner of Chimo's in Wasilla is from. Anyway, I've heard he has a place near Hatcher Pass also, along with ranches in Texas and other states. Not sure if any of that means anything, just saying.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
This describes the Motor City Madman rather succinctly, no?

In the eyes of this die-hard fiscal conservative and social liberal, the Whackmaster is an embarrassment. That's all he's ever been, and that's the most he can ever hope to amount to.
You are an embarrasment if you are citing a story by the High Times (of all worthless rags) whose accuracy is disputed. Let's stick with the known facts. The known facts are that Nugent had a student deferment(which he used) and was deemed medically ineligible. If one failed the medcal examination - you weren't going to be eligible for the draft - period. Be honest - you dislike the man because of his political stances - that is fine. Do not slander the man by gutlessly spreading falsehoods.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times
He is a out spoken guy for the hunting community and the 2nd amendment and most liberals hate both of them. So no reason to try arguing. At least he steeped up and admitted he did wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska