Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 115,994 times

Advertisements

Hi, im new to the forum and very happy to be here.

It have been a blessing to found this forum, you guys have answered almost all my questions about AK, without me having to even ask a single question.

My name is Will and im Latino from the Caribbean (Dominican Republic), my father and all his family are from NY and I've lived in there for a couple of years, now im living in Chicago, IL.
Im planning to one day move to Alaska, this big cities were no made for me. I have been over here for more than 7 years now, and still im not used to this place. Been from an small country like DR, its difficult to adapt yourself to this kind of places. I see the pictures that you guys have here in the forum and all I can do is dream of been in there one day, its such a beautiful place

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that i will be around, hope to learn a lot more about AK, the people and culture, as well as make some friends.

God bless everybody!

Will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Welcome to the forums Will.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:09 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,810 times
Wow, the Dominican Republic. There's some nice diving there!

I have always been slightly fascinated by the tropics. Mind you, never had any interest in actually living there, but something about it always captures my imagination. Tropical flowers, coral reefs...
I met a guy from San Diego about a week ago. He found it amusing how I thought it was weird that he had a palm tree in his yard!

Anyway, glad we could be of help. Don't hesitate to ask questions, that's what it's all about, right?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM

20 posts, read 115,994 times
Hey Rance, thanks for welcoming me.

Hey Xa'at, do you mind if I ask what does your name mean? Im pretty sure someone else already made that question, hehehe!

Yeah there are some nice diving in DR. You guys in Alaska are always Winter and we are always Summer. And about the palms tree on he yard, well actually from where i come from we do have then in our yards lol.
If at any time you plan to make a trip to the Caribbean, specially the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico, please let me know, i will be glad to answer any question you may have or even help you if im on any of those places by the time you go. We have a lot of tourist from places like AK, specially in the winter time.

Thanks for offering help with my questions, im pretty sure that i will have a lot of then!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJuse View Post
You guys in Alaska are always Winter and we are always Summer. And about the palms tree on he yard, well actually from where i come from we do have then in our yards lol.
Well normally I would say that we do have summers, but I suppose 60 degrees would be winter for you, right? It does get warmer in the interior, though!
My name is a Tlingit (Southeast Alaskan Native) word that means fish, or in some cases Salmon. It is pronounced "Kaht" or "Gkaht". Ga'at, pronounced similarly, means Sockeye Salmon.
Little vocabulary lesson, there.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
I love that stuff. Learning I mean. The fish is good too.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 PM

Learning, salmon, and palm trees. This is officially the best thread ever!

Ixsixán gaat!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:28 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Bien beniedos a nuestra forum. Espero que su aprende mucho desde aqui. Todos los gringos no son malos, solemente la mayoria- a veces.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Todos los gringos no son malos, solemente la mayoria- a veces.
Hey! Je ne suis jamais méchante, j'aime tout le monde, tout le temps... ben, pas les spammers. Mais j'aime toute la reste, vous comprenez?

Wait... that's not right!

Last edited by Xa'at; 09-28-2007 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: error typographique

Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM

905 posts, read 2,401,280 times
Oh how I can't wait to get to AK but Puerto Rico is so nice...have you been to Cabo Rojo down in the southeast? I miss it there...how did I end up stuck in PA for now? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska