Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:15 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrdr View Post
It is common knowledge that Fox News is fake news and really just a propaganda site.

Research shows that Fox News watchers/listeners are more misinformed than are people who don't watch news at all; the reason being, when asked questions about current events, people who don't watch news at all can guess correctly part of the time, but Fox News watchers/listeners believe they've learned the truth or reality from what's been fed them and when they answer they are not guessing, but basing their answers on what they learned from Fox. They believe they are informed. Therefore, when Fox News watchers/listeners answer current event questions, they get the answers wrong more often than do people who are just guessing!

For that reason, Fox News is looked down on by all serious news people and by the educated public. Only "professionals" interested in nothing but big salaries or who can't find any other work will work for Fox. Those who want to be taken seriously in their profession won't work for Fox.

Hope that helps answer your question.
You are just sick? and yourself brainwashed or something, I watch, CNN, MSNBC, ABC,CBS and all just mostly spout a Liberal position.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:57 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
You are just sick? and yourself brainwashed or something, I watch, CNN, MSNBC, ABC,CBS and all just mostly spout a Liberal position.
MSNBC may be the worst of the bunch, but CNN is close

Old 04-26-2014, 09:53 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
The problem you have is faux news is a conservative news site and they wont put forth just news but
what their audience or Murdock himself wants his faithful believers to hear. What you are calling "a Liberal position" is just reporting the news or what they know at the time it is reported. On the other hand faux news knows what they will report before the news is actually made since they must stick within their allotted story board and that means they only report what their audience wants to hear. If everybody is reporting the same thing i.e. 'The sun came up this morning' then the conservatives would call that a Liberal position because it was reported on the other stations and faux news is never wrong. Hint Look up faux in French and you'll understand.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Maybe this thread should be locked on this post?

One flew over the cuckoo's nest - Trailer - HQ - YouTube

Why? Because this thread has taken a turn from,
Quote:
News, Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia
to craziness.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:07 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
You appear to be confused based on your posts. I know two people who competed, and several who attended Sochi, and none of them had any problems going. I have my passport, renewed it recently, and haven't heard of anyone, except Snowden, who had problems with that document. The only time I ever had problems going somewhere was during my tour in the US Army in the mid 50s. I wasn't allowed to go to Berlin from West Germany because I had a clearance. I can't imagine a scenario where if someone was done any of the wrongs you suggest that the Congress wouldn't be screaming.

Would you enlighten us when anyone who wanted to renounce their US Citizenship wasn't allowed to do so? Recently the President announced the draft dodgers who fled to Canada during Vietnam can come home and not be prosecuted. I've gone to different countries during my working life and not heard of American Citizens who migrated to many of those countries. It seems the problem conservatives are upset about is with too many foreigners wanting to come to the USA.

Also enlighten us as to where you found a LIST produced by the US Government about expats who have successfully renounced their US Citizenship? And what is the IRS doing? Keeping them from forming a non for profit? I found during forty years working abroad at times the people I dealt with spoke good English and only on occasion did I have to summon a translator. Of the nationalities I met up with only the Russians and Chinese were apt to want to see proprietary information. I can't imagine anyone with your epic temper tantrums being allowed access to high tech information that would be of interest. The only person to do that was Snowden and he is presently in Putin's Russia. I'm not sure you'd want to join him except for lunch.
I have multiple degrees and developing weapons is a hobby of mine. I don't have security clearances, you would be surprised how much information is out there for people who are smart enough to know what it is they are looking at or for. If you are behind or delinquent on either student loans or child support/alimony your in a world of hurt and your passports will be revoked and you may not be allowed to renounce citizenship. You know what that is called, debt slavery. The very emotional response that is evoked from a lot of Americans especially for child support is good enough reason to leave. To many americans want to tell other people what their priorities should be and if you don't like it well you can just have all your documents revoked and go to jail, that sounds pretty totalitarian to me. I don't care how noble the cause of child support is they have taken things way to far.

The family law system in the USA is an absolute mess and no guy wants to be the ATM machine at the end of that mess. In my mind I am learning Russian because of the USA's morally bankrupt and complete failure of a family law court and I don't care to be involuntarily celibate because of an out of control court system. That would be allowing the govt to dictate my quality of life.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:43 AM

6 posts, read 10,101 times
Well I can't wait until someone decides to build that highway underground of the Bering Sea and connect it with Russia. That will be interesting to drive through.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:29 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Quote:

Guys, almost all of the media in the US is bought and paid for by rich elites and rich corporations - Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS. Look at who really owns these companies and what else they own.

The enemy isn't anyone posting on this forum. We have more in common (no matter if you watch Fox or MSNBC) than these guys who are quickly ushering in a new Gilded Age and decimating our middle class lifestyles.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:59 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
How long before Putin resurrects the USSR in all it's former pride and glory? How will that affect the price of geoducks in southeast Alaska?

Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 AM

325 posts, read 577,315 times
Soon my friend, very soon

Old 05-04-2014, 12:14 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,459,304 times
I would like to tell you in confidence it was not so bad in the USSR ))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska