Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:13 PM

6 posts, read 20,128 times

Advertisements

We are also looking for info about Steven's Village. Are there churches there?
Are there Christians working there with the children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,216,117 times
I'm Catholic, not very impressed on all the things going on with them now with the old priests in the past. I do believe in God, but why do other Churches say if you don't go to theirs, you automatically go to hell?

Welcome to Alaska Churches

Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM

5,481 posts, read 12,268,741 times
Oh Warptman....This is a big pet peeve of mine....this whole "my church is better, my God is better, my Jesus can beat up yours" and everyone else is going to hell. I hear ya brotha and....you can read alot of interesting threads on the religion section of citydata.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:44 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,216,117 times
Theres a preacher from the pentecostal church here that asked me one time what religion I was, I told him Catholic, he just laughed. The nerve of the guy, and he did that and he preaches religion? Russian Orthodox Christmas is starting on January 7th, thats always fun to goto, the choirs sound great. I'll shoot some pictures when I head up to one of the villages here.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:44 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,891,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird6152 View Post
We are also looking for info about Steven's Village. Are there churches there?
Are there Christians working there with the children?
Ya know, I've never seen this religion thing as a major criteria, after all, as a stipulation of membership, all members of the American Nazi Party and the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, HAVE TO BE Christians. Having children taught by Christians is not necessarily a good thing. Perhaps the question should be, "Are they children being taught by qualified teachers" and leave religion out of it.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 20,128 times
Religion is just a word. The real question is not what church you go to.....it is do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Having that personal relationship changes your perspective. There is joy in that relationship. I personally don't care what church you go to.....I do care about you and whether or not you know Jesus. I have worked with all kinds of people over the past 5 years in ministry....the Bible tells me to love....not judge!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:47 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,281,342 times
I'm a spiritual person. I am definitely not a religious person. I feel that religion has done more harm than good in this world.

Also, nothing worst than some religion knocking on your door trying to get you to "sign up" for theirs.

I don't mean to offend anyone, this is just the way I feel.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:53 PM

5,481 posts, read 12,268,741 times
Warptman: I was raised Russian Orthodox so I know what you mean. It is beautiful. I also know about the Pentacostal riot. I used to date one!!!! It was such a self-righteous party. I don't think the issue, as a previous poster stated, has anything to do with a personal relationship with Jesus. Personally, I get sick and tired of other people who seem to know if you have a "personal" relationship with Jesus or God and by what criteria do they measure this?? As if THEY have all the answers and you must meet muster. That question and the people who ask it....assumes alot....and it's none of their business....Stop flappin the jaws and start obeying the laws!!!! Live and let live....

Old 01-03-2008, 05:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,891,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird6152 View Post
Religion is just a word. The real question is not what church you go to.....it is do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Having that personal relationship changes your perspective. There is joy in that relationship. I personally don't care what church you go to.....I do care about you and whether or not you know Jesus. I have worked with all kinds of people over the past 5 years in ministry....the Bible tells me to love....not judge!
It is kind of scary for me to think about you caring if I know "your version" of Jesus, undoubtably, I do not, nor do I have to. My beliefs are intensely personal and am somewhat offended by people passing their beliefs about as if they were a box of chicklets, and judging me by implication if I do not take it up.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,866,139 times
Shut UP, bible beater.

Not you, Dusty...the one who cares if we have a personal relationship with Jesus. Go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska