Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well I have some theories re: Hitler & our government, however I'll refrain from going there
You don't mean that the Bush family supported Hitler & now the US is heading down the slope towards a fascist dictatorship do you? I wonder if there will be any elections in November or whether the govt will manufacture another Reichtag fire like they did on 9/11. Loose change anyone?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
You don't mean that the Bush family supported Hitler & now the US is heading down the slope towards a fascist dictatorship do you? I wonder if there will be any elections in November or whether the govt will manufacture another Reichtag fire like they did on 9/11. Loose change anyone?
Yes yes, something like that. I was also referring to Bush's love of invading other countries for his own twisted sense of glory. I've done it now, let the rage begin!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Emler View Post
Dude/dudette.....where you got all that and how it applies to my post is a stretch beyond imagination.
Dude, I'm a dudette & what are you referring to as "all that"? The straight up facts of what has been going on for the past 8 years?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I know this isn't a good way to start off with my first post but, did you ask the "other people" if you could advocate for them or do you just assume that your belief system should apply to them as well which gives you the power to advocate for others?
Huh???? I see, so the **** that minorities, homosexuals, etc. have to put up with from narrow-minded bigoted idiots is something that should be ignored? In case you haven't noticed, the civil rights movement started & has continued for quite some years now but because they weren't "asked", it should be eradicated. I'm sure these people appreciate & welcome not having equal rights, why try to make their lives better, right? I don't recall my cat telling me she'd appreciate it if I asked her if I could treat her w/respect & dignity but guess what? I do!!! And others do as well, there were even societies set up, such as the Humane Society & the ASPCA to champion the cause of animal rights.....god, what a bad idea that was hey, just because we didn't ask if we could do it.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:22 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
Um, Go Braves???

Old 04-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Um, Go Braves???
It's time to shut me up, isn't it?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,891,009 times
Quote:
It's time to shut me up, isn't it?
No, keep posting!! You're amazing! Check out my profile now...

Also, go here: Bert is Evil !

Old 04-11-2008, 07:06 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,657,304 times
Default The ultimate invocation of Godwin's Law

Quote:
Well I have some theories re: Hitler & our government, however I'll refrain from going there
Here's something everyone can enjoy... though of course the reality of it is that some will enjoy it a lot more than others simply because knowing the truth can be a bitter reality on occasion.
The Political Compass
Take the test, and then a lot of interesting information (besides just your own score) will be available. Things like how you compare to what various figures in history score when their public statements and actions are used to answer the test questions. Specifically, where do our current set of presidential candidates land????

Ouch!!! It is mind boggling!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Here's something everyone can enjoy... though of course the reality of it is that some will enjoy it a lot more than others simply because knowing the truth can be a bitter reality on occasion.
The Political Compass
Take the test, and then a lot of interesting information (besides just your own score) will be available. Things like how you compare to what various figures in history score when their public statements and actions are used to answer the test questions. Specifically, where do our current set of presidential candidates land????

Ouch!!! It is mind boggling!
Here are my results:
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,657,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Here are my results:
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46
Did you look to see how various presidential candidates, and the current occupant of the Whitehouse scored? Or to see how close you came to Gandhi, The Dalai Lama, Ralph Nader, and Nelson Mandela???? (The only major world figures who are in the same quadrant that you are! And, incidentally, that I am in too, though my raw scores are about 2x yours.)

There is another interesting fact about these scores. I'll send you a PM...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska