Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:25 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Cyber Cafe have never really worked in the US, Why would anyone come to it?
Everyone has Some sort of data plan on there phones and/or tablets.

Free WiFi / Internet is the norm in most coffee cafe's where the coffee/food are the money makers, the Internet/Free is just a service/draw , most limit "free" to a hour or so, so people don't sit there all day hogging there seat space.

Most hotels have some sort of Limited internet access for guests who are on SAT internet connection, and High speed access if they within reach of a fiber internet backbone of Cable TV lines, or DSL, (Copper with in the reach of fiber connected telco CO)

What transitory population are you planning to serve?
The main problem in Tok would be having a clientele. Yes, during the summer maybe, because of all the people driving through. But come winter, there won't be any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 05:33 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I don't remember having any in North Pole, but there was one somewhere around South Cushman in Fairbanks. I never went there since I am old enough to know that I prefer the taste of a good coffee that is reasonably priced than looking at some half-nude barista. Now, it would have been different year ago, I imagine

When the place was opened in Fairbanks, one of the baristas I had bought coffee from for a couple of years asked me, "are am going to lose you as a customer to the bikini barista down the road?" I said, "what naked barista are you talking about?" She told me about it, but I never went to it, because once you find a barista who makes a coffee to your liking, that's the one you stick too. Yesterday I went to the one across the Fred Meyer store at University to buy a mango yogurt smoothy, and a new barista there grabbed the straw at the top (the spot where my wife would put her mouth on). I was surprised that she didn't have any sense to know not to put her fingers on that part of the straw. I asked for another straw, and she had no idea why
I know what you mean. When I lived out that way and had to drive through town to get to work every day, I always went to Mocha Dan's on Farmer's Loop. We just got another coffee hut in Fox on the corner at the Fox General Store... it's pretty good. I go there sometimes, but I have to go out of my way to go before work, so...

ARGH!! about the straw. Gross.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:19 PM

86 posts, read 92,683 times
My team member from Nevada her office had the account for Rock Star Energy Drink. She thinks that Alaska is very good to incorporate for PC Silicon Valley. Online Internet Cafe for United States Marketplace. We will also make computers and that office can be in Seattle, Washington. So far the towns in Alaska for the Headquarters. Nome, Tok, Skagway, Healy. I will have a mock up web site design this coming July 6. So I can show everyone. Then 45 day's doing the coding work for development of the Interactive web site. I am paying Casperon.com $2,700 for web site. That is a very good price for everything. Threads message board, user profiles, friends lists, and profiles accounts. I will be charging $20 per annual membership with 30 day free trial.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:48 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
I hope you did not pay them, Your plan will fail, and you will be out the $'s

NO ONE WILL use your you cafe, If its a Portal it will get next to no visits, hence no advertiser hits, - No Money.

It takes years for Site to draw enough traffic to pay the bill, and like 99% of them don't make any money.

Last edited by flyonpa; 06-23-2015 at 07:19 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 01:01 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Come on, this person is not serious and if you're giving him a serious answer you're just getting your chain yanked. For whatever reason people think this poster is cute but these types of posts can be seriously misleading for others who don't know the deal here.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:48 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaWishChild View Post
I love the area of Tok, Alaska.
There once was a tent at Tok. Later there was an ISP/Internet Café.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska