Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,091 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

Another line of questioning for you. This is not 100% as of yet, but I am in the interview stage of getting a job there. I have read many post on Barrow but a couple questions I would like to know. But first the job, the company provides housing and a truck so no worries on my that but I am single and after get job (being optimistic) I would like to know a little more about dating in Barrow? A lot of single ladies in that part of the world? (I am assuming no) but optimism. Seems kind of like I will get a little lonely up there so just trying to get the 411 on it now. And the housing? Even though the company provides the housing are they nice(ish) I see on YouTube that anywhere else most people would buy them from the looks of things. But remote location so I get it, but do I need to start looking at furniture to ship? Or does barrow have a selection on furniture? I really don't plan on making an MTV cribs house but a little luxury never hurts. My biggest concern is spending cold nights alone for several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,170,757 times
Housing might be furnished. Asked. Other than that good luck on the rest of your questions.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:29 AM

4 posts, read 5,170 times
I was just there 2 weeks ago myself for a job interview. I will be moving there in a couple of weeks. The outside of the houses are that way because of the weather, and very expensive to keep up. From what I understand the inside are pretty nice. Furniture is hard to come by you can buy select pieces from the AC store. They told me there is also like a craigslist there to buy things as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: