Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:45 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,101,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So how dumb is your cousin's wife? Is she blonde?
She is blonde, and she can be a little dingy sometimes. But she can do a lot of things that I only wish I could do. Of course, if I had time to take every cool class that's offered all over town, I would probably be a jack of all trades, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 12:45 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Romans 8:13 he who lives after the flesh shall die.

You no understand Genesis 1 but trade it for a lie.

God said not to kill or to bring death in many tides.

You believe you are above God when you kill sight.

God pronounced judgment for the slain of mankind.

That Jesus bore the cross to stop animal sacrifice.
Cool story bro.

I find vegans to be pretentious and uptight and most of them have a holier than thou type attitude. Perfectly good delicious food is prepared by hard work for a feast gathering but they are too good and special to eat it. If I had any feelings, I'd almost be offended by their refusal to eat the homecooked food. It's pretty rude.

Animals taste delicious and people that don't eat at least some of them are on my not to be trusted list .

Old 08-20-2017, 11:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,552 times
The thirteen passengers listened to the pilot’s muffled story of a gold filled plane lying somewhere below. The flight to Dillingham, Alaska from Kenai.

I was absolutely busting at the seams because the real work had finally come.The salmon were running. To everyone on board that meant red gold! Naively, nobody on seemed to doubt their ability to handle the sixteen to twenty hour work days ahead of them.The salmon roe is handled separately almost secretively in another building. Every job is very repetitive and requires standing all day.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:46 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,613,331 times
An update to the story: https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017...llution-watch/
Now it's costing taxpayers money. Yay.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:24 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,188,364 times
Alaskan bumper sticker.... Eat moose, 10,000 wolves can't be wrong

Old 08-22-2017, 12:53 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,101,674 times
I have issued myself a challenge to use "flaming cherubim" in a sentence every day for a week.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
An update to the story: https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017...llution-watch/
Now it's costing taxpayers money. Yay.
Up front it is, for now. On the bright side, necessary steps are being taken to avoid an environmental cleanup should the POS ship go aground during a storm, and we know that storms, very soon, will begin rolling in.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:23 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
FFS.

Contested Bristol Bay salmon ends up in Alaska landfill - KTVA 11 - The Voice of Alaska

Quote:
A lawyer representing the seafood company says the fish was saturated with diesel by the vessel's crew.

The captain of the vessel has disputed the testing results and says the company wanted to collect on an insurance claim.
The only person who's behaved responsibly during this entire debacle has been the captain, so my money's on him being the one telling the truth. I'm one of this outfit's creditors, and as such, I get the associated court documents, and something tells me I'll be seeing one involving insurance fraud in the future.

It bothers me somewhat that there are so many know-it-alls (most of whom know less than nothing about the seafood industry) screaming and crying for the crew's blood over this. The crew had already fled, for the most part, and they were still hoping to be paid when the fish finally sold. The fish was most likely ruined within several days after being caught -- their freezers and processing equipment were seriously malfunctioning and potential buyers weren't touching the fish because of all the liens on it.

Pretty sure Larry Lang paid someone to dump the diesel on already rotten fish so he can collect insurance. He's so goddamned dumb he probably thought he'd get away with it.

To blame a green crew he'd already ripped off is reprehensible in my eyes.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-29-2017 at 12:48 AM..

Old 10-29-2017, 04:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Just as I suspected...when they finally found someone to buy the fish, it didn't pass a basic "smell test" when they tried to offload it, and it was deemed unfit for human consumption. The diesel wasn't a part of the picture then; the fish just smelled rotten, because it was rotten. But the insurance wouldn't have paid that off.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:27 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,111,762 times
Crazy people coming at you with a knife, or at the very least saying or doing crazy things that make you uneasy because they have a knife. I have heard that these sorts of jobs are for the mentally ill and if you are working here and you are not mentally ill you will have a VERY rough time and may be assulted.

I have heard these sorts of jobs are like pseudo chain gang jobs where most of them are ex cons etc.

If you are a reasonably intellegent upstanding member of society you would never consider these jobs as it would make no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska