Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:06 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times

Advertisements

This is real funny, as we continue feeding the troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
Fishing for trolls off a new bridge would be great!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Fishing for trolls off a new bridge would be great!
Sounds like a great idea, since they are bottom feeders, and there is deep water below that bridge A well-seasoned coho head on a halibut hook should work, I imagine, but better use some heavy line.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
"Hi! Welcome to Don Young's Extreme Bungee Jumping Extravaganza! At Mile 1.5 Knick Arm Crossing. A lot out of your pocket goes a short way!"

Old 07-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
"Hi! Welcome to Don Young's Extreme Bungee Jumping Extravaganza! At Mile 1.5 Knick Arm Crossing. A lot out of your pocket goes a short way!"
Better use a short bungee cord so the troll below won't bite one's head off. But now that you mentioned it, instead of a bridge they could use two canons, one at each shore. This way they can shoot people back and forth like seen in a circus.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:52 PM

329 posts, read 586,330 times
Aww, you guys miss me! Alas, our time here grows short as Don Young preps for retirement. I mean, its been fun guys. Who else provides more entertainment than Don Porklioni? It will be sad to see him leave. But, at least he did it his way, right??
The End of Don Young? - The Stump (http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_stump/archive/2008/07/14/the-end-of-don-young.aspx - broken link)
This gem is full of good stuff, like this...
Quote:
-- but there is one buy that should excite you: $586,000 in reserved air time against Alaska GOPer Don Young.
Oooh, and this...
Quote:
-- I'm most looking forward to the possible ouster of Young and his fellow Alaska porker, Ted "Series of Tubes" Stevens, who's also endangered. I know, I know, guys like this make Congress fun, what with their total shamelessness: Who will taunt anti-earmarkers by chanting "You want my money, my money"; wave around a walrus penis bone on the House floor; or call environmentalists a "self-centered bunch of waffle-stomping, Harvard-graduating, intellectual idiots" who "are not Americans, never have been Americans, never will be Americans" if there's no more Don Young? Who will provide the instant
YouTube classics if there's no more Ted Stevens?
And who could forget this...
Quote:
But it'll be even more fun to watch Don and Ted pried, digit by desperately-clinging digit, from the seats they truly believe are their God-given birthrights. The removal of Don Young would be one for the civic textbooks, an illustration of the principle that you can't buy a seat in Congress forever, even in Alaska. If there's one House turnover that's worth pumping money into for its symbolic value, Alaska-At Large might be it.
Have a nice day.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
Ahh, Thanks to Don Young, we are getting a highway to nowhere paved here on a part of the 6 miles of pavement. Thanks Orr!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Ahh, Thanks to Don Young, we are getting a highway to nowhere paved here on a part of the 6 miles of pavement. Thanks Orr!
Awesome! Maybe next time he'll spring for gravel. Hell, maybe asphalt's even in the works...

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM

Ethan’s Support Among Alaskans Trumps Young, Parnell Combined
Quote:
The numbers are in, and Congressional candidate Ethan Berkowitz is thrilled. Second Quarter fundraising results show Alaskans contributed more to Berkowitz than all three Republican candidates combined. Disclosed totals filed yesterday with the Federal Election Commission show Alaskans supported Ethan to the tune of nearly $115,000 dollars during the quarter. On the other hand, Sean Parnell raised roughly half that amount from Alaskan donors ($67,704), with Don Young ($18,350) and Gabrielle LeDoux ($25,900) rounding out the GOP take.
Ehh, this is bittersweet. Its good to see that the man stepping up to challenge THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE, Parnell is a solid second. But damn, Berkowitz doubled that. It'll be good to see young gone, but not to lose the seat to a dirty dem. Perhaps I should rethink my Porkbusters campaign...

Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
Asphalt = pavement...hello! McFly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska