Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM

109 posts, read 289,266 times

Advertisements

So, I just read the new CA (Co-operative Agreement) between the USDA and the State of Alaska, regarding NAIS.

I am curious what other Alaskans think about this development, considering our location and our lifestyle here.

Here are some links, for those of you who have no clue what I am talking about:

National organization-very big site, lots of information there.
NoNAIS.org

Local link-
Naisinfocentral Scroll down to open the Alaska NAIS information-it's on the left.

There are also a very good Yahoo Group-
Americans_Against_NAIS : Americans Against NAIS

I get nothing but a canned reply, or no reply at all to my letters/emails about this boondoggle. It truly makes no sense whatever for the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
I think its BS. The next step will be chipping the human population.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
I personally wouldn't worry about NAIS. The Commerce Clause of the US Constitution only applies to commerce between the native tribes, or commerce that crosses interstate or international borders. The feds do not have the constitutional authority to regulate commerce that is wholly grown/raised/manufactured within a given state and owned/sold within that state. Nor do the feds have the constitutional authority to impose unfunded mandates or compel the states to administer a federal program.

See Lopez v. United States, 514 US 549 concerning the Commerce Clause. See Printz v. United States, 521 US 898 concerning unfunded federal regulatory mandates.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM

109 posts, read 289,266 times
Glitch, you are quite wrong. Sorry. I suggest you do some reading, this monstrosity is supposed to be voluntary, but it is actually mandatory (using CAs) in three phases. And it is funded-although not to the degree they want.

People in other states said the same thing-no worries, won't happen here. Well it can and does happen in other states, and Alaska is no exception.

This should govern the factory farmer, not the small livestock owner who will be *required* to RFID each and every animal they own. And report ALL movements of the same. Which means com****r and database and plenty of money-among other things. The worst part is Premises ID. I am just amazed that realtors have not clued into this legal encumbrance. You can be SURE that if I was looking for a property, I would NOT buy one that already had PID!

Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuValley View Post
Glitch, you are quite wrong. Sorry. I suggest you do some reading, this monstrosity is supposed to be voluntary, but it is actually mandatory (using CAs) in three phases. And it is funded-although not to the degree they want.

People in other states said the same thing-no worries, won't happen here. Well it can and does happen in other states, and Alaska is no exception.

This should govern the factory farmer, not the small livestock owner who will be *required* to RFID each and every animal they own. And report ALL movements of the same. Which means com****r and database and plenty of money-among other things. The worst part is Premises ID. I am just amazed that realtors have not clued into this legal encumbrance. You can be SURE that if I was looking for a property, I would NOT buy one that already had PID!
I suggest you read the Supreme Court cases I cited above. If people choose not to tag their pets or animals, there is absolutely nothing the federal government can do about it UNLESS they bring their animal across state or international borders.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
I plan to have a little livestock (chickens). They will neither be chipped nor registered with any NAIS program. I invite any government agent to try coming to my property to force it on me when the time comes...the SCOTUS did say one of the reasons for the Second Amendment is to resist government tyranny...and the feds have no authority to be doing this in the Constitution.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Chicken chips! I love it!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
With sour cream!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 PM

395 posts, read 1,716,828 times
Now, If any of us swallow this chip while eating a chicken, will we be ID as a chicken? Do humans taste like chickens?

Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Thats it! It's a way the government can install chips into us without us knowing...and they can track us! Those scoundrels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska