Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times

Advertisements

poor Glitch...he just cant get it right I guess...maybe facts just aren't something he can live with...?

I see following along with accurate information without creating a smoke screen just isn't something he can do at this point....maybe on another day there Glitch

BTW....the funding related to Alaska's famous " Bridge to Nowhere" was only for the Ketchikan bridge...at least make a simply effort to get your fact straight or provide a link to prove me wrong

Indeed....Alaska does have a pair of purposed bridges to nowhere and both wouldn't do much of anything except provide access to properties owned by Alaska republican politicians

You Alaskan's are gonna have to foot the bill for that Knick Arm Bridge as the funds from the lower 48 states ain't gonna happen

That run on free dollars is over with...

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 07-29-2008 at 07:33 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
poor Glitch...he just cant get it right I guess...maybe facts just aren't something he can live with...?

I see following along with accurate information without creating a smoke screen just isn't something he can do at this point....maybe on another day there Glitch

BTW....the funding related to Alaska's famous " Bridge to Nowhere" was only fors the Ketchikan bridge...at least make a simply effort to get your fact straight or provide a link to prove me wrong

Indeed....Alaska does have a pair of purposed bridges to nowhere and both wouldn't do much of anything except provide access to properties owned by Alaska republican politicians

You Alaskan's are gonna have to foot the bill for that Knick Arm Bridge as the funds from the lower 48 states ain't gonna happen

You've gotten every post you've made completely wrong, and you accuse me of not getting my facts straight? Perhaps if you actually knew what you were talking about you wouldn't appear as such an ignorant fool.

There is no Ketchikan bridge moron, there never was. The $398 million in federal transportation spending went to the Gravina Island bridge and the Knik Arm bridge. Gov. Palin killed the Gravina Island bridge months ago, so now all $398 million will go into the Knik Arm bridge. We already have the money fool. The Knik Arm bridge is estimated to cost $1.2 billion.

You are simply too ignorant on the subject to post anything intelligent. Obviously a product of Outcome Based Education.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,035,075 times
Quote:

BTW....the funding related to Alaska's famous " Bridge to Nowhere" was only fors the Ketchikan bridge...at least make a simply effort to get your fact straight or provide a link to prove me wrong

I'm not going to call names Captain, but Glitch is right. We have the money...all of it. It's just that the earmarks were released so that the state did not have to spend the money on the bridges, but the state could spend them on transportation infrastructure where it saw fit.

The governor nixed the Gravina Island Bridge, which did go to Ketchikan, but she did not necessarily cancel the Knik Arm Bridge.

However, it is my belief that the knik arm bridge will probably not be built primarily because of political fighting between Anchorage and Mat-Su. They are having a hard time even finding a place that Anchorage will allow a ferry to dock.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM

poor old Glitch....

Stuck in Wasilla I guess he just didn't know that the Gravina Island Bridge was in Ketchikan.

poor old Glitch....he doesn't even know that was the Bridge to Nowhere

poor old Glitch...are you actually in Alaska or do you even know at this point ?

Kind of a cranky ole fart ain't ya...?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
perhaps captain crunch lives in wash dc[as shown] and as such has no senators to represent him in congress so feels the need to lash out at those who live in 'states'and have senators who can work to benefit their constituents.residents of wash dc have no representation in the senate yet congress does waste millions of dollars on the city.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 PM

Thanks Marty...I know your information to be correct, really too bad that those funds we're returned

Your governor at least did the right thing and used the funds for projects statewide rather than to benefit just a selected few of Republicans per design.....you guys have seen the last of the big-dollar earmarks

You need to help poor old Glitch, or at least show him how to use Google to get his facts correct....although I suspect its too late

and Marty, name-calling.....I guess poor old Glitch either can't read or doesn't have to follow the TOS here

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 07-29-2008 at 07:22 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Stevens Steps Down...

In accordance with Senate Republican Conference rules

Vice chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation

Appropriations Committee.

Source....USA Today

Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Quote:
Thanks Marty...I know your information to be correct, really too bad that those funds we're returned

Your governor at least did the right thing and used the funds for projects statewide rather than to benefit just a selected few of Republicans per design.....you guys have seen the last of the big-dollar earmarks

You need to help poor old Glitch, or at least show him how to use Google to get his facts correct....although I suspect its too late
Hey Crunchy, thanks for the new paved roads here!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM

Oh....you're more than welcome warptman, enjoy them while they last if you can afford to drive on them

Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Quote:
Oh....you're more than welcome warptman, enjoy them while they last if you can afford to drive on them
Not a problem, I live in bush Alaska, pay is good out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska