Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:56 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times

Advertisements

Ray, he might make it 4 years, but she will. I still LIKE john McCain, but I detest his choice for VP. She's a great governor, and I like her as such. I cannot see her as a viable choice for a Presidential stand-in. I worry about scenarios such as this. I would almost rather Obama in office, because I am worried about a totally conservative Supreme Court. And she might be the one making these choices if things go bad.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:06 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,962 times
I am not an Obama supporter BUT is it just me or has anyone else worried about whether or not Obama would even survive a 4 year term in office. I say this because of such extremist who have threatened to assisinate him because he is part black. I for one have worried about anyone being the "first" non white president and facing this threat. I would hope that we as American are past such repressive behavior but there are always those who are still stuck in the past.
Does anyone else share this same concern?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 AM

It has crossed my mind. I have the same worries and concerns, and I know that the people I can talk to without censoring myself have expressed similar concerns. My boss has, and he is a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, bless his liberal heart.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:12 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I'm hoping there will be a big flush of the political toilet!
perfect Rance.... the first flush got what 5 or 6 Alaska corrupt Republicans doing what they do best

hopefully the next flush gets a few more republicans like Uncle Ted, son Ben and ole Don.....we can only hope ole Murky can somehow fit in also at some point

None of the VP or Pres candidates are qualified to do anything actually...its all a bunch of talk

Nita....I'm not going to waste any time responding to a right wing-nut playing the games I see you playing here in several threads.

Palin's sound bites are all crappolla...she hasn't done anything to brag about......Goggle can help you with that if ya have the smarts to know how to use it

Old 09-21-2008, 12:23 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,032,359 times
I'm not getting into this fight except to say that it never helps one's cause to insult the intelligence of the other side.

People on both sides of the fence think that the only reason others don't vote for their candidate is because they must be stupid.

It's important to understand that others often have legitimate reasons for supporting their candidate. These reasons usually have to do with their basic worldview.

We have several opposing worldviews in this country that will inevitable lead to supporting different kinds of candidates.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Ray, he might make it 4 years, but she will. I still LIKE john McCain, but I detest his choice for VP. She's a great governor, and I like her as such. I cannot see her as a viable choice for a Presidential stand-in. I worry about scenarios such as this. I would almost rather Obama in office, because I am worried about a totally conservative Supreme Court. And she might be the one making these choices if things go bad.
I believe that you have forgotten the Role Congress plays in the selection process of any of the "supremes." In my case, I am more worried about Obama continuing the "big government" Bush has created, taxes, and most of all an erosion of the Second Amendment (which will certainly happen).

Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Your view isn't anymore realistic than anyone elses. It's simply your opinion, which is fine. More realistic though? Nope.
Sorry, but my view is more realistic and far more correct than that of any person who 1) voted for Bush, 2) is voting for Bush's follower in this election, or 3) thinks Palin is qualified.

Get over it!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 AM

I know that Congress has the right to prevent her from getting her candidates through during the vetting process. But she would (possibly) be the one sending in her candidates. I am fully on your side with the continuation a large government. And any further erosion of the Bill of Rights scares the pants off of me... a scary sight, if you can contain the laughter.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:38 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Sometimes medical history (of the person in question) is a pretty good predictor of life expectancy. And like I said, take a look at the actuary tables.

I wouldn't wish an early death on him or anyone else but given the circumstances, it's a very legitimate concern that he may not last through his first term.

Anyone questioning Palin's ability to act as president has valid reason for doing so.
You have said, "sometimes." It means that he may last a day, more than a day, more than a year, or even more than ten years. People like McCain have the means to pay for the best medical service available anywhere in the world, and a chance to outlive a lot of us. Now, think about some marathon runners, some who are young, and how they just drop and die. I once knew another GI like myself, who was lifting weights as part of his daily routine. He was in excellent shape at the age of 35, except that his heart killed him after standing up from the bench.

One cannot predict the future that easily.

Last edited by RayinAK; 09-21-2008 at 12:46 AM..

Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
I still don't get the fuss, so what if something does happen to McCain and Palin takes over as President?

Again Obama supporters, please explain how Obama as President equals more experience than Palin? If your only answer is Joe Biden then that doesn't say to much about your golden boy in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska