Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM

20 posts, read 64,528 times

Advertisements

Looking for:
Existing cabin or small house, not in a subdivision, water-front (ocean, lake, river, stream creek). I have sailed throughout SE Alaska and have lived in Kodiak, Juneau and Hydaburg. Elfin Cove would be great. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 AM

366 posts, read 386,556 times
I saw a cabin for sale in the Coffman Cove area--it had some land with it and seemed pretty reasonable. Can't give you the details because I put the paper n the fire--but it was listed in the Ketchikan Daily News. They probably have an online edition. Also I think they're having another land lottery in the Harris river area in May.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 PM

28 posts, read 106,748 times
Default Hint for property search in Sitka

Check out Davis Realty,Baranof realy and Sitka realty..easily found on the internet. Enjoy.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 20,322 times
I think you will find Elfin Cove has changed since your visit. It's mostly fishing lodges anymore.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM

959 posts, read 2,360,306 times
Default SE Alaska

Hi there...

Once in a while there's something on Prince of Wales Island, as Rainy said, but I don't usually see a nice little package like the one you describe come up; heh, I would probably have bought it by now if I did! There is state land for sale now and then, but it's usually part of a subdivision, and you'd have to build on it yourself. Check out the Coffman Cove cabin; I hadn't heard about this one and it could be nice. Look on Island Realty, or look on dnr.state.ak.us/flw/landsale for state land sales as they come up.

A lot of the nicer houses here are pretty high priced, and have some major drawbacks, like being on heavily rutted roads, etc.

Seems like a lot of people here do buy a lot and build on it, or buy a "fixer-upper" and re-model...that sounds expensive but I actually think building here is more expensive, with all the terrain/logistical issues.

Anyway, POW is a beatiful place but you might, indeed, have better luck in some of the other areas you mentioned in SE.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 5,843 times
Default Land for sale elfin cove

Hey I have a lot in elfin cove i would like to sell. Lot 71 it,s not on the water but has two easments. Water and power at line. It has great views because it is over the ridge from the cove on the north east side. There was a small cabin on it but half of it is gone? and the other is in disrepair. some one took the good material. there is a few trashed wood stoves moved in by squaters. but all could be cleaned up easily the old cabin was built in 67 buy my dad with miterials brought in buy skiff, so dad built cabin low out of the wind. There is a couple better building sites that would give great views if structure was built with modern building tecniques. There great blue berry patches. the north line is all blm so no one is going to move next door. Short walks to priv. beaches with booming caves. Last time i was there I caught a silver samon every third cast from the beach. So lots of unique experiences to be had there for sure. I am not in a position to do any thing up there. Its in my brother and my name. My father had a life estate in the property but he is no longer with us. There is a saw mill at the head of the bay that is avialable to use i believe. If you to make a go of it you would find the locals very willing to help. Mary Joe Wild and Jim Wild have been living there for a long time. I fact they stayed on the property in wall tents I believe when they first moved there. I must have been about 2 years old. Some of my first memories are hand lining with my father there. So if your interested drop me a line and I can help out with some contacts there to. [EMAIL="danielship77@live.com"]danielship77@live.com[/EMAIL]

Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielship View Post
Its in my brother and my name. My father had a life estate in the property but he is no longer with us. There is a saw mill at the head of the bay that is avialable to use i believe.
Mary Joe Wild and Jim Wild have been living there for a long time. I fact they stayed on the property in wall tents I believe when they first moved there. So if your interested drop me a line and I can help out with some contacts there to. danielship77@live.com
just a question....so do you own the property outright?? or do Mary Joe Wild and Jim have rights to it seeing they have lived there for so long nd are they still living on the property???

Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
yes... I'm curious too... what is the acreage and if free and clear of any rights or claims/ the price?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska