Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 AM

273 posts, read 587,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Actually I was wondering if the drink called The Panty Dropper at the Hill Bar in Craig is the same as what's referred to as a Lemon Drop down here.

LOL!!-you never cease to amaze me Barkley! How do you know abt the Hill Bar? I've never had a Panty Dropper, but you can bet now I'll be asking for one! Nor, for that matter, have I ever had Lemon Drop. Is that some kind of flavored schnapps shot or something?
When you two do finally move up here, I'll take you there and treat ya, how's that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,636 times
Quote:
Actually I was wondering if the drink called The Panty Dropper at the Hill Bar in Craig is the same as what's referred to as a Lemon Drop down here.
HEHEH....no, they are different, even at the Hill Bar! The Hill also serves "heart attacks"-- shots of Jaegermeister/whiskey/stout, I believe. Lemon Drops are vodka and lemon flavored schnapps, I believe. Haven't indulged in a Hill night out for a long time, and don't plan to, but MAN..when the live band was playing here a few years back...good times, good times!

Panty Droppers--hmmm, don't know as I've had one of those.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrennie View Post
LOL!!-you never cease to amaze me Barkley! How do you know abt the Hill Bar? I've never had a Panty Dropper, but you can bet now I'll be asking for one! Nor, for that matter, have I ever had Lemon Drop. Is that some kind of flavored schnapps shot or something?
When you two do finally move up here, I'll take you there and treat ya, how's that?
The Panty Dropper is a shot made of vodka, lemon juice & the rim of the glass is dipped in sugar. If I remember correctly a Lemon Drop is the same thing but served in a martini glass. I guess my memory is faulty though.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
LOL!!-you never cease to amaze me Barkley! How do you know about the Hill Bar?
I'm reading a book where its mentioned along with karaoke & people not messing with the women from Hydaburg.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Chris - You must be having "those" moments...I was disappointed - was waiting for that punchline with the "pushtabs," was so sure you were up to something....you don't have those in NC?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Chris - You must be having "those" moments...I was disappointed - was waiting for that punchline with the "pushtabs," was so sure you were up to something....you don't have those in NC?
No. We have scratch cards & lottery tickets, but both of those are state run things.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
No. We have scratch cards & lottery tickets, but both of those are state run things.
We had those in MN too, along with the pulltabs at certain establishments...No lottery though in WY, or wasn't a few years ago, and not here either....but liquor stores open all the time here...some trade-offs I guess...

Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 PM

Our liquor stores close at 10pm & aren't open on Sundays.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM

273 posts, read 587,842 times
Quote:
I'm reading a book where its mentioned along with karaoke & people not messing with the women from Hydaburg.
Gotta love ya. What's the book?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Gotta love ya. What's the book?
Looking For Alaska by Peter Jenkins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska