Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
and do you need license plate, registration,...for yer bike?????
Oh by the way TIA,....are ya po'd yet....loves ya guy..you dah info man....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Oh by the way TIA,....are ya po'd yet....loves ya guy..you dah info man....
Ahhh wouldn't look good if Crunch did that...so I played off it...he owes me....heheheheheheh

Old 11-11-2008, 11:34 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
Crunch, this is Highway 43 from the link you showed me, the widening of it.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:51 AM

53 posts, read 121,544 times
Holy smokes,

Thanks again for all the info. I've told my husband about this site and all the great info I've rec'd. He's impressed as well. I was on Craig's list and found it would be cheaper by far to buy our own trailer rather than rent one or ship. We plan to buy one enclosed then resell once we reach Anchorage. I'll be mapping out our route per all the great advice I've rec'd from here.

The nursing situation will not be so very difficult, I hope. I'll start putting in online applications by the end of January. We are planning our scouting trip in March. I'm hoping to have 2-3 interviews lined up at that time. I have all the certifications that would make me marketable, I think, so that should help. I had not really considered the sign on bonuses or relocation allowances so that would just be "bonus" money.

I'll tell you I have learned so much info from this site it's rather amazing. Things I hadn't even thought of like the dogs health certificates. We would have been screwed. I could just see my husband having a complete meltdown. lol

I am so excited. Six and a half months seems like forever. We were discussing whether or not we could move sooner but I think it would be difficult and more stressful to try to do all that we need to do in less time. Unless I hit the lottery and money becomes a non-issue we have to take our time and do it right.

Something funny though, I was watching Fox News and they were interviewing Sarah Palin. Every time Van Sustern mentioned Alaska I was like, "Shut up". I find that I want to keep it a secret and I'm not even a resident there yet.

Saucy

Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
The other nice thing about this section is that in addition to the wealth of information gathered, is that the people providing it are really great folks. When you come up try & get together & meet as many of them as you can.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 AM

I was thinking exactly that just this morning Bark. I figure over the next six months I'll meet some great people on here. Who knows, I could meet enough great people who'd love to get together and play some cards. I hope there are some Euchre players in Alaska. lol

Saucy

Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
I think there's a little bit of everything up here.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM

823 posts, read 1,732,301 times
Hopefully, will do the 2nd annual C-D summer bash in August. Give you a good opportunity to meet everyone. We had a good time this year.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:36 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,359 times
Thanks Warp....

In doing some additional reading it looks like Alberta Highway 43 out of Edmonton is going to be like that all the way to Dawson creek as early as 2009...so its a work in progress at the upper end.

The Milepost covers it well without any negative comments...

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 PM

Hi guys,

So I learned today that the auction company I had planned to use will take 35-45% of total sales. This seems a bit steep to me. My uncle owns an auction company in Nebraska and they do not charge that amount. Looking online, this one site said anywhere from 6-15% is to be expected. Any thoughts on this? Is 35% more the norm?

On a good note, I won 64$ on a pack of lottery tickets called, "Chilly Cash". I never play lotto tickets and when I have in the past I've always lost. I'm taking this as a sign that this move is right. Perhaps I need to be chilly in Alaska in order to make more cash. He he he.

Saucy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska