Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
And then there's the original Catholic Grace.

"Bless us, Oh Lord, and these, Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, Amen."

"Everybody say Grace!"

"GRACE!!!" - Lost Boys from "Hook"
I grew up with that one from Catholic school...what happened.....except from thy bounty through Christ ....Amen.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,916,538 times
I am thankful for my two wonderful sons, my friends and a career that I love!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
seeing thru the illusion.
the illusion--- everybody's dance card is full, i am an island surrounded by leave it to beaver people
not so,
many are lonely and need a place to go thankgiving.
im on it.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the illusion--- everybody's dance card is full, i am an island surrounded by leave it to beaver people
not so,
im on it.
Yes Huck, that is what we all need to do....

Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,916,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not so,
im on it.
Go to a shelter/mission/church and help serve the less fortunate a Thanksgiving Day meal.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:37 AM

83 posts, read 347,014 times
As you all can see, this is my first post her on the forum although I have been lurking through the Alaska threads for several months now. Thanks to The Grill God for starting this thread and because he did, the replies have made me want to register and join my Alaskan friends in celebrating this Thanksgiving holiday.

So without taking over this thread, let me say, of course I am very thankful for my wonderful wife, my family, friends and to my Creater for all He has given me. BUT, I am very thankful for the likes of Rance, wartpman, Granny, HighlandLady and all the others who regularly post here.

I have been able to view your wonderful state from my livingroom in Tennessee. As I sit here now with tears in my eyes thinking back on all of the beautiful pictures that have been posted here of your state, I can only say "THANK YOU"! Thank you all, for your time and love that you put into this forum. You all are trully appreciated. You all have made me an Alaskan in my heart. I hope that one day soon, me and my wife will be able to truly call ourselves Alaskans but more importantly, to be able to meet you all face to face and heart to heart in Alaska.
In closing, God bless and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!

Old 11-27-2008, 12:46 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,107,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Greg View Post
As you all can see, this is my first post her on the forum although I have been lurking through the Alaska threads for several months now. Thanks to The Grill God for starting this thread and because he did, the replies have made me want to register and join my Alaskan friends in celebrating this Thanksgiving holiday.

So without taking over this thread, let me say, of course I am very thankful for my wonderful wife, my family, friends and to my Creater for all He has given me. BUT, I am very thankful for the likes of Rance, wartpman, Granny, HighlandLady and all the others who regularly post here.

I have been able to view your wonderful state from my livingroom in Tennessee. As I sit here now with tears in my eyes thinking back on all of the beautiful pictures that have been posted here of your state, I can only say "THANK YOU"! Thank you all, for your time and love that you put into this forum. You all are trully appreciated. You all have made me an Alaskan in my heart. I hope that one day soon, me and my wife will be able to truly call ourselves Alaskans but more importantly, to be able to meet you all face to face and heart to heart in Alaska.
In closing, God bless and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!
Blessings to you and yours...Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you

Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
excellent instruction and counsel. over the top quality and probably not earned or merited.
a generous gift.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,558 times
Every year at this time I sit back and think over the last, and realize how much I really am thankfull for. I put aside petty personal pity-pot thoughts and think about what is, what should be, and what could be.
I am truly thankfull for more things than I can write about.......
I do want to wish every one here a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:26 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times
My beautiful daughter:

My wife and daughter(many moons ago)

And the fact that I'm an American who has been blessed by the Grace of the Lord God Almighty.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been to church since football season started but I don't believe that means a thing. The Steelers are worthy of my NFL Sunday Ticket and accompanying worship absences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska