Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM

823 posts, read 1,732,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
A cage match might be more entertaining for the spectators! You could start building the Octagon in your backyard now. If your neighbors ask, just tell them it's a new outdoor playpen for the kids.
That's an idea. I could sell tickets and beer. I'd need some ring girls, a ref, and a bell. This could work.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,268,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
It's Kumbiya time at C-D. I got to thinking about it. I need to thank everyone on here...
Thank you, Grill. I accept your thanks with humility.

Am I also invited or will you shoot me upon arrival?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:37 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times
Quote:
I think in the end we should be having something like this once a quarter.
As far as getting all that done it shouldn't be a problem if you have your ducks in a row. I have a friend that just did that with his land here and he and his wife did most the work themselves. Planning is important.
we are looking at hopefully May early June 2010 and starting from scratch as we are collecting information of contractors etc. that means we are driving up, two vehicles, towing trailer and landing on our piece of uncleared wooded land!! yikes scary!! but will be an adventure!!

I am checking on what electric will cost to run in from the road. We re-done two houses but never built one!!! It is a bit daunting and I welcome any informational help from people who have been through it.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM

ooops....just realized I am taking thread off topic "KICK SELF" sorry all you good people!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM

823 posts, read 1,732,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Thank you, Grill. I accept your thanks with humility.

Am I also invited or will you shoot me upon arrival?
Read the posts before! Everyone is invited. But definately read the warnings in the post before changing your travel plans.

And also, I didn't thank everybody...........

Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Read the posts before! Everyone is invited. But definately read the warnings in the post before changing your travel plans.

And also, I didn't thank everybody...........
Ouch...meow...phsssst...Kick...be nice boys. I did like the idea of cage match!!!....a dual off however???...gosh then somebodies gotta deal with the wounded and yuck!! no dual offs okay guys???

Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Hey Rance....just what is Sweden's issue with releasing your beautiful wife out of Sweden to be with you??? I sure hope the issue gets resolved quickly for both of you. If there is anything that can be done by other people to get her over to you...please let us know!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Oh I am sorry to hear of this, Deb...I hope that everything comes together.

Why not? We're a friendly lot

Why wouldn't you be invited?! Of course you are!!! If you cannot make this one, well...there is always the third!
He called early this morning to have me email his resume to a couple of places up there, why he doesn't have it on his computer, I don't know....Carlile had just added some management, now cut back and one decided to go back in the truck, so goes to prove anything can happen. The good thing is, he has never had a problem with finding work...

Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
He called early this morning to have me email his resume to a couple of places up there, why he doesn't have it on his computer, I don't know....Carlile had just added some management, now cut back and one decided to go back in the truck, so goes to prove anything can happen. The good thing is, he has never had a problem with finding work...
good luck to you both...it stinks with being laid off but you sound like people who survived this before and will survive this one!! Best of luck!!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
That's an idea. I could sell tickets and beer. I'd need some ring girls, a ref, and a bell. This could work.
Don't forget the jello wrestling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska