Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:02 AM

32 posts, read 55,764 times

Advertisements

deadeye, looks like i have found the trailer... It is the one in Utah, which makes it a whole lot easier. I just have to get the green light from you as well. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389...lpid,1,cat,152
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 AM

18 posts, read 31,986 times
Hi Guys,
My name is Tad. The route I have planned is through Browing which is about 100 miles east of Kalispell. I know customs is probably doable but you would need to contact them and see what is needed both going into Canada and from Canada back into the US. I got a couple of phone number for Canada that could probably direct you in the right direction if they don't have the answers, 204 983 3500 or 506 636 5064. I am sure I would need some sort of documentation from both of you that confirms that I am authorized to be transporting the trailer and truck.

As far as fuel goes I would just keep receipts and we could settle up when we meet to get your vehicle.

I will be up in Tok all of next week. Hopefully they have a computer for me so I will be able to keep in touch. My direct email is dunning_@hotmail.com. (note there is an underscore between dunning and @.

Arnold if you decide to get the trailer if you could get a wireing diagram for the plug and what kind of plug it is that would be helpful as I am almost positive I will need to change mine. As luck would have it I will be in Sandy (where the trailer is) sometime during the week of Aug 3rd-7th and then I plan on leaving to move up that next week end (the 9th) so If Richard could drop the trailer off at the South Town Expo center that would be great.

What is everyones expectations about picking up their units?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Well...if your dropping the trailer in Tok...I'll get a ride up to retrieve the truck...or drive my truck and trailer up and load it up.

So when are you planning on heading out for Alaska?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 AM

I think Arnold is in Fairbanks so I need to find out if he is able to pick up the trailer in Tok. Even if I end up delivering it to Fairbanks I will probably drop the truck in Tok.

I have to be at work in Tok on Aug. 14th so the plan is to leave on the 9th. When things firm up with the trailer I will have to look at the milage and see if I am allowing enough time. By the way is there insurance on the truck? I have never lost a trailer but would hate to have this be the one and not have insurance on the truck (and trailer for that matter).
Something I just thought of is that since the trailer is being purchased from a private party it is not going to have a temperary tag on it so it would probably be very helpful if I had a plate to put on it for crossing the boarders.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 AM

The truck will be insured. Unless my schedule changes between now and then...I'll be getting off the slope Aug 18th. I can have my truck and trailer sitting in Anchorage and head for Tok that Tuesday afternoon of the 18th...getting me there on the 19th unsure of the time (which is of no great concern). I'll bring a tent, sleeping bag and a fishing pole to pass the time if need be.
I'll just need to be able to get ahold of you after work or before you go to work for the day.
As long as you have the trailer registration there should be no concern with the plate thats already on it. If Arnold is just going to turn around and drive back to the states he can probably wait to re-plate it when he gets to his final destination.
My truck already has Ak plates on it and there should be no problem crossing the borders.

My buddy just called from Kalispell. He will be home and said he can drive the truck over and meet you in Browing no problem. He'll have a document with my signature etc giving you authority to be transporting the truck.

It's a 1938 Plymouth Pickup...not real heavy.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Same thing with me, I will have documentation both the title and a legal paper showing that you are authorized to tow my trailer up here... I'll contact Richard and also call customs for Canada. Thanks a million guys!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 AM

It is the standard practice, and DMV here instruct the seller to pull the existing plate off and then they are suposed to return it to the DMV. I don't think many people do the last part but most will pull the plate off. If I am driving without a plate or a temparary tag I may find myself getting pulled over more than I like. I am willing to do it but it may avoid delays if you can make sure there is a plate on it.

Rance you can plan on picking up the truck at your leasure after I get there. I don't have my contact information up there yet but will hopefully get it next week. Ether way I will give you someway to get ahold of me before I leave to move up there.

It look like it is a go. Glad I can help out here.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Awesome. I land in Anchorage from the slope...so I'll just head north from there and save myself some 6 hours of round tripping from and back to Anch.

I'll send you my Montana buddies contract info, at a later date.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:37 PM

Ok guys, I have secured the trailer but I need to set up a time to pick it up. I have to call him by tonight... Deadeye, you have my number... Thanks

Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Just wanted to make sure we are all still in this. I should be getting all of the documentation ready by Monday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska