Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:49 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,055,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
I have just found out what was going on here. I skipped most of Bob's thread due to recurring themes and here's what I missed.

Red, tell the man to take the meds and chill for a bit. Alaska's been here in one form or another for millions of years and continental drift is glacially slow - even slower! If he makes it up to the CD gathering, make sure he brings you with him, because I think he needs a keeper. And you sound like a good one.

So, make sure he keeps you and not just on a string, lady. And get some rest. What you do is gather all the pretty pictures on the photo thread and put 'em in a slide show and let that and some soothing music drift you off to slumberland.
Claire does sound like a darn good one doesn't she? How come all the good ones are taken??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:02 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
Claire does sound like a darn good one doesn't she? How come all the good ones are taken??

She does have a twin?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-26-2009 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: Not sure if she is taken though....

Old 07-26-2009, 03:01 AM

411 posts, read 961,620 times
Before I get some rest here is a quick note.

I am trying to not ramble but my mind is frazzeled.

He's having a hard time with this fever. He was up to 105 and they are doing what they can to try and control it. That's the major concern this evening. He's being sedated to keep him calm and control spasms but he is giving the Nurse's some grief about the drugs. Carol just came in and told me I've been sitting at his desk for here now for 45 minutes? I'm being told to go and get some sleep and she has our mothers scowl on her face. Must go and rest.

Thank you all, so very much.

Claire

Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,055,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Before I get some rest here is a quick note.

I am trying to not ramble but my mind is frazzeled.

He's having a hard time with this fever. He was up to 105 and they are doing what they can to try and control it. That's the major concern this evening. He's being sedated to keep him calm and control spasms but he is giving the Nurse's some grief about the drugs. Carol just came in and told me I've been sitting at his desk for here now for 45 minutes? I'm being told to go and get some sleep and she has our mothers scowl on her face. Must go and rest.

Thank you all, so very much.

Claire

You are awesome to take the time to update everyone here especially with all that's going on in your life right now. He's in good hands all the way around so I'm sure it won't be long before he's home cranking out the posts and planning your next trip! You can rest assured that both of you are getting lots of prayers and support from all at this forum.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 PM

411 posts, read 961,620 times
Default Update,

Carol has sent me home to get some rest and "me" time.

We got to the hospital this morning and were greeted by two men that claimed to know Ron. They started to ask me some questions about when he came home. His mood, discussions we may have have had and that's when Carol kicked into her "Lt. Col. mode and gave them some rather pert directives. She an Army R.N. stationed in Co. She demanded iD and they refused and left. I'm so mad now I could spit.

Ron's fever is still the big battle. He hit 106 this morning and they really kicked things into high gear. They had the ice packed around him and he's struggling. around 9:30 he was back down around 102. He's in and out of it and making strange requests. (wants a prick 77? to call a puff?) They upped the sedatives to calm him down but he keeps insisting on getting out of the valley? I have no idea.

I've been making calls to his family but only ans machines so far.

Carol gave me something to help me relax and promised to call if anything changes. The dogs know something is wrong and won't leave me alone. I am going to reat at noon and return this evening. He's seems to do better in the eves than the mornings. He has asked for some things that I can't take to him and insists I stay at home looking after his garden. Last thing on my mind.

Tired now and am ready to rest with the dogs. Carols called me and says to get to bed.

more tonight and thank you all again.

Claire

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Thank you for taking the time in a physically and emotionally exhausting situation to let us know how things are going, Claire. I'm there with you in spirit.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
It sounds like he was delirious from the fever...I found this:

Oscar Track - Call sign for Company HQs or Battalion S-3 ... PRC-77 - AN/PRC-77 man portable secure FM radio set (prick-77) ... Spooky - Radio code for the AC-47 Gunship the REMF's and Saigon reporters called "Puff" (the magic dragon) ...
www.tomahawks.us/vietnam_slang.htm - Cached - Similar

Old 07-26-2009, 05:32 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,942,453 times
Warm bubble bath, with only candles, and soft music to relax you. We know it's hard to think about taking care of yourself when you are so worried, but you have to get a little sleep to recharge your battery so you can be there for him. You're in our prayers here!.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Well I hope things get better for both of you soon...

Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
I, too, hope that things start looking up. Will be saying prayers for both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska