Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 05:07 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times

Advertisements

Sorry Claire, if he was anywhere near as nice in real life as he was with his writing here, I am truly sorry for your loss,....ours too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 05:38 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
I so sorry for your loss Claire.

I couldn't agree more with what Dusty just said.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:13 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Zonabe, sorry it crashed your computer. I had a link the other day in Politics I wanted to check out and it froze mine up big time. I didn't want to copy and paste it since that is against the rules, etc. I found that poem on a bereavement page someone had done for a family member of their's. I couldn't find my funeral cards with it on them that were from my sister's funeral. They're packed away since we just got back to AK a couple mos ago.

I just clicked on it and had no problems. Has anyone else had a problem with it?
no...no problem with it.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:28 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
no...no problem with it.
Thank you and Debey for letting me know that. I just feel so bad for Claire; she has been on my mind all day.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,181,613 times
Claire I am very sorry to hear of your loss... I am new here in Alaska forum and enjoyed the short time I was able to read his posts. I will send you positive energy for the course you have now upon you. I found city for the same reason there are great people who will listen 24/7 if you ever need to vent, cry, remember, need help... I am one of them, that is how I met Debey.... let me know if I/us can do anything... sometimes it is easier to talk to a keyboard than in person....

It is much harder for us than those that move away from us into a even better place.......he is living without a care in the world loving life without a pain or need.. and will come be by your side at this time also... just believe! Never gone from you.... just waiting......and still here all at once.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:27 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,689,611 times
So sorry to hear such sad news. May you find some peace in knowing that he is in a better place and his suffering is a thing of the past.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Claire I am very sorry to hear of your loss... I am new here in Alaska forum and enjoyed the short time I was able to read his posts. I will send you positive energy for the course you have now upon you. I found city for the same reason there are great people who will listen 24/7 if you ever need to vent, cry, remember, need help... I am one of them, that is how I met Debey.... let me know if I/us can do anything... sometimes it is easier to talk to a keyboard than in person....

It is much harder for us than those that move away from us into a even better place.......he is living without a care in the world loving life without a pain or need.. and will come be by your side at this time also... just believe! Never gone from you.... just waiting......and still here all at once.
Very nice post!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
I agree...NWCountrygal...Wonderful post...from CD...

Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
My deepest condolences and prayers to you Claire over your loss.
I didn't know Wanderer but from reading his posts he was a wonderful
person. He will be missed by many.

This is a poem which was read at a dear friends service and I
love it. Not sure on the author as it is credited to many.

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God has laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now; He set me free

Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,493,535 times
YouTube - "IF TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska