Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM

84 posts, read 326,803 times

Advertisements

Some more rural gas prices:
Cold Foot, AK - 3.999
Yukon River, AK - 3.999
Deadhorse, AK - 4.169

Fairbanks, AK 3.109 (was 2.959 most of the summer)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
crap I tried to rep ya for doing such a nice thing for someone! gotta spread it around I guess. Wonderful to know there still are great people out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I don't know about passing you. As slow as I drive I was the one being passed. A lot! Just about 20 miles before I got to Teslin I stopped and pulled a guy out of the ditch. He was cutting firewood and pulled down too far off the road.

If all the other cars that passed me would have slowed down they would have seen the guy. He said he'd been stuck for about 2 hours and no one would stop. That tow rope I've been carrying around for 7 years finally came in handy.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:38 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadrmin View Post
Sometime though it is just kinda scary to stop..you never know what your going to get. I know there have been time I could have pulled over for someone but being a female you have to think twice.. not cuz were rude or unneighborly..
I stopped to help a guy and he looked at me like I had three heads. Asked "what the heck does a woman know about cars?" Well I replied obviously more than you sooo....you can sit here out in the middle of no where, with no cell phone service or I can take a look and see if I can get it started. Got the car started for the jerk....an I didn't even get me dress outfit dirty, just greasy hands...he's luck I stopped!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
This may be why gas prices are currently rising again:

Oil Drill Opens Hole Into Hell*|*Weekly World News

Quote:
PRUDHOE BAY, AK - Something is emerging from Hell!

That is the horrifying warning of more than 60 eyewitnesses who have seen the monstrous shape roaring out of a mile-deep Alaskan oil well amid stinking clouds of sulfur.

“If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would not believe it,” said John Merritt, a foreman with BP, which operates the oil field.

“The giant demon head of Satan has already escaped and his body has been slowly coming out for weeks.

“White-hot flames are billowing out of the well, the skies have been darkened by strange clouds and the area is full of an evil stench so oppressive and overpowering that most people can only stand to remain there for a few minutes.”

The oil field, about 400 miles north of Fairbanks, has been ordered shut down by the government and the area has been cordoned off. Only military and clergymen who have been called in by the oil company to aid in the crisis are admitted to the area, and Alaskan officials have slapped a tight lid of secrecy over the story.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
$3.08 at Costco on Dimond yesterday. Seems like the price is creeping up again.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,184,859 times
Nice to know Stiffnecked someone was on the road like you when I was driving up on the same dates. Didn't see the guy in the ditch? Maybe you pulled him out already. Allot of people seemed to be very nice and helpful on the drive.

I call BS on Hawaii having the most expensive gas price. Thought WA was bad but when I left on the first it was $2.69 $3.44 Seward yesterday.....

Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadrmin View Post
Sometime though it is just kinda scary to stop..you never know what your going to get. I know there have been time I could have pulled over for someone but being a female you have to think twice.. not cuz were rude or unneighborly..
yes, i do understand that part. in my own case, there have been times in the past when ive been stuck, and didnt have a phone. and i think thats the least passers by can do if they see someone is having a problem, especially in bad weather, call the cops. hell they didnt even slow down when ive stopped to get strays off the interstate, so ill stay with my position about pple and what comes first. not that everyone is rude and uncaring, just the majority. im in the lower 48, but pple are pple.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Nice to know Stiffnecked someone was on the road like you when I was driving up on the same dates. Didn't see the guy in the ditch? Maybe you pulled him out already. Allot of people seemed to be very nice and helpful on the drive.

I call BS on Hawaii having the most expensive gas price. Thought WA was bad but when I left on the first it was $2.69 $3.44 Seward yesterday.....
I stopped and checked on a lady that was broken down on the Cassiar just past Jade City. I could tell that there wasn't much I could do as it was obvious she had the bearings seize up on her trailer. 1/2 of skid marks from the offending tire kind of told the story.

I stopped long enough to make sure she had help on the way. She said a wrecker was coming from Watson Lake. Still I think it's a good idea to just stop and make sure they have things under control.

Total time I spent on that was about 4 minutes. I did learn something from that. If I drive a trailer up I'll make sure I carry a spare set of wheel bearings in the "kit" for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska