Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Well....you should agree, for a bit of redemption

you left yourself wide open on this Pat...

and....the answer is, 3500 posts, about half of which are blather/banter ?

Redemption? Me? LOL....never.... Besides, you know someone, somewhere will just start another thread on her sooner or later.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Love her or hate her but why on earth do we have to hear about every move she makes? Why? No one else it treated like that except for Jon and Kate plus Eight for a while.........

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Redemption? Me? LOL....never.... Besides, you know someone, somewhere will just start another thread on her sooner or later.

Be nice grandma or I'll post that picture you sent me....

Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Love her or hate her but why on earth do we have to hear about every move she makes? Why? No one else it treated like that except for Jon and Kate plus Eight for a while.........
They are fancinated by her....

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
It has to be a good draw, look how much the "Lefties" here have been nuts over it, they keep it in the spotlight by complaining about it! What a great marketing tool! Get under their skin and they just go nuts, nobody gave a hoot about Obama's book like this.... And he is the Anti-Christ by comparision!
One of the reasons I've always liked Cheney and Rumsfeld too!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:02 AM

234 posts, read 718,487 times
I can't judge her because I don't know her personally, but people are seriously going to read her book?

If she says anything about her views on Foreign Policy, please enlighten me. I don't care if she is a good woman that has nothing to do with politics. I want to know what her views are and what her platform is, NOT what her beliefs are. What is her take on healthcare? Taxes? Gay marriage/Abortion (I am not talking about spiritually if she's against it, but if she actually thinks it should be illegal)?

After her interview with Katie Couric I just couldn't watch her anymore, I was too embarrassed for her. The poor thing. God bless her and good luck to her, I just don't think she is smart enough to get involved with politics...

Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 AM

234 posts, read 718,487 times
Oh and VOTE FOR RON PAUL IN 2012!!!!!!!!! HE IS OUR LAST CHANCE!!! He is a good Christian and Republican as well. But he is VERY smart!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 AM

6,259 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I haven't read all 68 pages of this thread, but Sarah Palin is one of the most interesting characters to hit the political scene in a very long time, and as political junkie I watched her during the primaries last year with great interest.

She blew everyone away with her initial speech during the GOP convention, and then it all went to hell and downhill from there.

McCain, Clinton and Biden had been on the national stage for years. McCain, Clinton, Obama and Biden had all been deeply inbedded in the presidential race for at least 18 months before Palin was thrown into the national limelight (and in front of the political and media wolves), so she had a lot of catching up to do.

In the end, she wasn't ready for prime time. McCains' campaign did her no favors by micromanaging her (everything from what she could say to what she could wear), by not prepping her appropriately before interviews, and by not choosing the right interview venues early on to give her positive national exposure.

She did herself no favors by going out before she was ready, and by losing sight of who and what she was.

For someone who was thrown out there so hard and so fast though - and as someone who had no experience on the national stage, who was the mother of an infant with Downs' Syndrome, who had a pregnant teenage daughter and a son in Iraq, and who had to hit the ground running and try and play catchup with the others mentioned above, I think she learned pretty damned quickly.

She couldn't rebound from Tina Feye and Katie Couric. She had a great patriot for a running mate, but he and the GOP ran a lousy campaign.

Couple all that with the liberals continued hatchet job, as well as the non-stop minimization and demonization of the woman (some of which she admittedly hand-fed to them), and she didn't stand a chance.

So she quit the Governor-gig and wrote a book. I don't know where she plans on going from here, but I don't perceive Palin as being either stupid or a lying manipulator (which would be a nice change if she decides to get back into hard politics).

She drives the liberals so nuts that their freakin' heads spin around like that girl in the Exorcist movie. So she's got SOMETHING. And that something is big enough to scare the crap out of them. And that makes it something important.

If she's smart (and I think she may be) and if she does decide to get back into politics she needs to watch, listen and learn She needs to understand the bottom-feeder mentality of high politics, she needs to stay in the limelight in areas that matter (domestic and foreign policy), and she needs to remain grounded in her beliefs and her family. If she can do all that, she may become a solid force in national politics.

If that turns out to be her calling, I hope that she can do it, and do it smarter than she did last year.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
ya....just what we need, another dirtbag republican

Look at the the mess that the mental midget The Smirking Chimp created in several areas

Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Here's a little advice for those who don't like this thread and think it should be deleted. I hope this concept isn't too intellectually advanced for you though I suspect that it is...but try not reading the thread if it hurts your poor little heads too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska