Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I can't say that I'm a Palin-supporter, but I find her to be extremely interesting and someone unique in the political landscape. I find her down-hominess hard to listen to sometimes, and her answers sometimes simplistic. Down-hominess is part of who and what she is (although she needs to stop winking, and drop her voice pitch down a notch), and simplistic answers can become detailed and informed answers with more learning and experience.

But rabid Palin hatred isn't about her lack of intellectuall prowress or her you-betcha-isms.

It's about issues that are much more banal. Pick your poison. She's too pretty. Too thin. Too athletic. Too successful. Too fertile. Too anti-abortion. Too unapologetically pro-gun and pro-hunting. Too confident. Too non-elite (who else on the national stage went to colleges that were not Ivy League, worked their way through college, has a husband who is working class?).

That's a lot of overachieving and hot buttons to focus on. Like I said, pick your poison.........and she's from freakin' ALASKA for God's sakes.

And I have to say that some of her loudest detractors have been women. The so-called "women's movement" has sold her out. Where is the outrage at the vitriolic sexist hateful highly personal attacks on both her and her family?

Nowhere - that's where. Women and women's groups (at least in the liberal world) apparently only support other women who conform to their tightly bound series of beliefs. If you are a woman with beliefs other than those, then you're on your own and all bets are off. Say what you want regardless of the truth, regardless of what is right and just, regardless of how hateful it is, and regardless of who it hurts in the woman's life.

The "womans movement" sold its soul a long time ago to the highest political bidder.

Regardless of how you perceive her as a politician, everyone of good conscience should be outraged at how ugly she has been treated.
Wow. I can start here...the "down hominess" that you claim is part of "who she is" was certainly not in evidence when she was sportscasting on the Anchorage news station when she was fresh out of college. It wasn't part of "who she was" then and I've met her parents and they didn't come across that way either. It's a very safe bet to say that the folkiness et al was staged, though I can understand how someone from the lower 48 could buy into it. In my opinion, she hicked it up in order to appeal to the "base" during the election.

I personally am somewhat outraged on the personal attacks on her family, particularly those leveled by the yellow press, but she's the one who trotted them out there as props during her campaign.

To suggest that she should be supported simply because she is female is yet another fallacy; I really don't care to expound because that statement should be self explanatory.

She let us down as governor way before she officially quit.

It is rather easy to see how some lower forty eighters think of her as a proper spokeswoman for the religious right...I find it extremely ironic how some of you blame the media for her downfall...and yet you know nothing at all about her but what you have gleaned from that same media.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:20 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
when is this nut job ever going to vaporize into thin air?
She can thank all the left wing loons. Had they just kept their mouth shut, she would have faded away, but because they keep attacking her in forums like this, newspapers, TV and the like at every turn, she is foremost on most people's minds and it breeds curiosity about her from the masses and people are buying her book in record sales and finding that she is nothing like the left claims her to be, more like they are... And she gets bigger every day....

Isn't life grand!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
She can thank all the left wing loons. Had they just kept their mouth shut, she would have faded away...
Herr Star, we leftie loons DON'T WANT HER TO FADE AWAY. We want her to keep shining. We want her to be the 2012 GOP nominee. Ditto for 2016. I don't mind contributing to the Buff-Ms Pee's-bony-tush fund.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,270,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If they print it on soft toilet paper, I might buy it to...
Yes, soft is important. Single or double layer? Please submit your preference to Charmin.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 AM

400 posts, read 469,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
She can thank all the left wing loons. Had they just kept their mouth shut, she would have faded away, but because they keep attacking her in forums like this, newspapers, TV and the like at every turn, she is foremost on most people's minds and it breeds curiosity about her from the masses and people are buying her book in record sales and finding that she is nothing like the left claims her to be, more like they are... And she gets bigger every day....

Isn't life grand!
the curiosity is her total hillbilly nutty self. period, and what is sad is that americans are totally obscurred about this nutty woman. It's laughable by most of the world, but apparently she's selling books in the south.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:56 AM

400 posts, read 469,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Yes, soft is important. Single or double layer? Please submit your preference to Charmin.
lmao, i actually choked on this, I don't normally choke up and cough and laugh all at the same time. notrees you ain't no dummy

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
the curiosity is her total hillbilly nutty self. period, and what is sad is that americans are totally obscurred about this nutty woman. It's laughable by most of the world, but apparently she's selling books in the south.
You make SP seem intelligent.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I can't say that I'm a Palin-supporter, but I find her to be extremely interesting and someone unique in the political landscape. I find her down-hominess hard to listen to sometimes, and her answers sometimes simplistic. Down-hominess is part of who and what she is (although she needs to stop winking, and drop her voice pitch down a notch), and simplistic answers can become detailed and informed answers with more learning and experience.

But rabid Palin hatred isn't about her lack of intellectuall prowress or her you-betcha-isms.

It's about issues that are much more banal. Pick your poison. She's too pretty. Too thin. Too athletic. Too successful. Too fertile. Too anti-abortion. Too unapologetically pro-gun and pro-hunting. Too confident. Too non-elite (who else on the national stage went to colleges that were not Ivy League, worked their way through college, has a husband who is working class?).

That's a lot of overachieving and hot buttons to focus on. Like I said, pick your poison.........and she's from freakin' ALASKA for God's sakes.

And I have to say that some of her loudest detractors have been women. The so-called "women's movement" has sold her out. Where is the outrage at the vitriolic sexist hateful highly personal attacks on both her and her family?

Nowhere - that's where. Women and women's groups (at least in the liberal world) apparently only support other women who conform to their tightly bound series of beliefs. If you are a woman with beliefs other than those, then you're on your own and all bets are off. Say what you want regardless of the truth, regardless of what is right and just, regardless of how hateful it is, and regardless of who it hurts in the woman's life.

The "womans movement" sold its soul a long time ago to the highest political bidder.

Regardless of how you perceive her as a politician, everyone of good conscience should be outraged at how ugly she has been treated.
No, it really is about her "lack of intellectual prowess". I'd be fine having a good looking, athletic woman from Alaska as President. Just not an idiot!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,754,604 times
In all my years up here in Alaska watching Sarah Palin, I never heard her talk in that folksy way or wink. Never. "The so-called "women's movement" has sold her out."??? The minute Palin started that cute winking perhaps she sold the so-called women's movement out.

Lack of intellectual prowess is really key. Thin? Pretty? FERTILE???! Listen to her answers to questions. Did you hear her answer to a question about Hamas & the Gaza Strip? All she could come up with is Ahmadinejad. In fact, if you have followed her closely, she often throws Ahmadinejad into the conversation even when it is out of place. I can just imagine her on the campaign trail with her handlers having her practice that name over & over. It's one thing she knows how to say so you betcha I'm goin' throw him in.

Yes- she is scary. That ANYONE would be talking about Sarah Heath Palin as the president of the US, leader of the free world, most powerful person on the planet SHOULD be down-right scary.

And anyone who thinks that our discussions on forums is keeping her in the lime-light is unclear of how celebrity works in our country.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:48 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, it really is about her "lack of intellectual prowess". I'd be fine having a good looking, athletic woman from Alaska as President. Just not an idiot!
Verses what, a guy that is surrounded by people with stated communist ideals, no business backgrounds, prison records, child molester and a guy that has never had a job where he produced anything other than suing people who did have a job.

The fact that Obama can speak well off written text on a TelePrompTer, isn't that kind of "Change" most people voted for.

Like it or not, we are at war, what would have happened if Roosevelt took six months to decide if the Generals needed anything after the D-day invasion to think about it. Obama took that long to decide if he was going to send what "His appointed" general asked for, not only didn't he respond, he took months to shortchange the General. If he didn't have faith in the General, then fire him and get someone that he feels is doing his job. How many American troops got killed for not having the backup on Obama's watch? Bush may have started the war after we were attacked, but it is now Obama's and he has had a year to deal with it... so far, it don't look good, but I would love it if he did it right.

Bush was an idiot for backing the first "Tarp" bailout, since then, the new clowns in power have wasted what... almost three times that amount and we will have inflation kick in shortly that will eat any of our savings to nothing. Unemployment is over doubled and they make a big deal that it has come down from 10.3 to 10 percent now this last week.... Guess what happens on December 26th, all those Christmas hires are back on the street and the numbers will soar again....plus some after the first of the year.

Now they want to have a pork infested health care bill that will cost even more of what we don't have.... give us less than what we had to cover those that didn't want to buy it... or are here illegally to start with.

There has been no country in the Planet's History that has spent their way to prosperity, and we aren't going to be the first.

Palin may or may not be a good President, but she surely can't be any worse than the clowns most of you have put your money on.....

And that is why she is so appealing to millions.... and has been outdrawing and selling past "Presidents" in her book sales. So it don't look nearly as bleak for her as the Left side of the isle is chanting, all they are doing it making her more popular with the bogus claims of stupidity, which she clearly isn't.

Anybody can be made to look like a god or a fool in the press with the power of editing, Obama comes to mind as such a person, nothing done to get the job, other than the press edited all the stupid mistakes he said... like the 57 States plus Alaska and Hawaii... The guy is truly a documented idiot....

Last edited by starlite9; 12-12-2009 at 03:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska