Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,492 times

Advertisements

I have made the decision to move to Alaska. This, obviously, raises a big problem for one who has only visited a number of times...I have no connection to the employment network in the state.

The last 12+ years I have focused on IT Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture, IT Governance and IT Audit (SAS70, Financial, Internal Controls).

That said, can anyone point me in the direction of good employment resources Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau that may align to these types of positions?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM

310 posts, read 780,606 times
You may want to hit the search button.There is a possibility this was mentioned before...

Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,259,342 times
Just come up with what you have in your pocket and you'll be fine...

Old 12-17-2009, 02:53 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,640,875 times
Alaska Job Center Network

Old 12-17-2009, 02:55 PM

471 posts, read 1,331,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Just make sure you have proper ID in your pocket so you can cash that big check everybody gets when they enter the state.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:25 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,791,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
some day Warpt one of these people are gonna show up on your doorstep saying "you said I could make it on what I had in my pocket" and your gonna have a house guest!!

Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 PM

7,550 posts, read 5,801,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themove2010 View Post
I have made the decision to move to Alaska. This, obviously, raises a big problem for one who has only visited a number of times...I have no connection to the employment network in the state.

The last 12+ years I have focused on IT Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture, IT Governance and IT Audit (SAS70, Financial, Internal Controls).

That said, can anyone point me in the direction of good employment resources Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau that may align to these types of positions?

Thanks.
Alaska Executive Search
Alaska Executive Search, Inc. (http://www.akexec.com/divisions/professional.php - broken link)

Alexsys (must live in Alaska to apply but you can lookie see) ALEXsys - The Alaska Labor Exchange System - Home Page

Alaska Help Wanted
Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau Jobs - HelpWantedAlaska.com: Jobs in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau and Careers in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau -

With your credentials check with Providence Hospital
Providence Alaska Medical Center

Alaska Regional Hospital
Alaska Regional Hospital - Home Page

On the other hand, if you decide to head to Bethel let me know so my wife can whip up a batch of gob's for Warpt It's cold enough that they won't thaw in your bags

Old 12-17-2009, 06:42 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,474,536 times
Unless you are filthy rich, be sure you have "at least" 8 months living expense and the funds or a ticket to return home if it doesn't work out.....seriously.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 AM

7,550 posts, read 5,801,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Unless you are filthy rich, be sure you have "at least" 8 months living expense and the funds or a ticket to return home if it doesn't work out.....seriously.
She speaks wise words of wisdom.. very wise words..

Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 AM

251 posts, read 681,631 times
That and the weather can actually kill you up here if you find yourself on the street. I would not come up without a GOOD job lined up and a few thousand $$$ in a savings account in case you need to get out of here, its not unheard of for employers to hire someone and then fire them a month or 2 later, not because of any performance issues but just because they have such poor control of there accounting. Even companies that you would not expect to have thoes problems do so you may want to do some research on the company before you come up and make sure they are financailly stable and make sure you are not going to be laid off a month after you were hired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska