Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,833 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a real estate office that serves the Cold Bay area? Or anywhere remotely near there? From looking online at Remax.com and Realtor.com, it looks like the closest town is Anchorage. We're interested in finding out if there is any land or existing housing to purchase there. Appreciate any assistance, ideas.... Thanks, Jeanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,067 times
Have you ever been to Cold Bay? There aren't any Realtors there as far as I know. You could fly there and probably tour ever house in town in one afternoon.

Population according to Wikipedia is 88. That's about accurate I think.

I don't live there, but I do like the area. But it seems there are only 88 people in the whole world willing to live there. Like any place, you need to visit. If you flew into town and asked around you would likely find out about 95% of the places that you could buy with one or two stops.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

18 posts, read 52,187 times
Google remote properties. There's an outfit out of Anchorage called Remote Properties that sells statewide. Sorry, I don't have a website addy for you.

There's also a company called R&R Properties. The website is realtyak.com according to the newspaper I've got in front of me.

I don't know if they have any Cold Bay listings at this time or not, but, both might be a good place to start.

Hope this helps!

Ken

Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,833 times
Default Realtor for Cold Bay

Thanks Upstream - just got in touch with Jessi there at R&R and she's sending me some info now. Jeanie

Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM

301 posts, read 823,190 times
Try Alaska's Remote Property LLC, Anchorage, Alaska. They have several properties, lodges, land, etc., with great photos and descriptions.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 PM

18 posts, read 52,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeaniePro View Post
Thanks Upstream - just got in touch with Jessi there at R&R and she's sending me some info now. Jeanie
No problem. Haven't dealt with R&R personally, but I have with Remote Properties. Think Snottylooter posted the email addy for them. I was pleased with the service they provided (I bought a parcel off the Talkeetna whistle stop through them).

Might consider looking for a town council, maybe even a Chamber of Commerce, or even a tourism office for additional info on the local area in Cold Bay. I'm not familiar with the Cold Bay area, but if they have any of the offices I've mentioned, they might help you out.

Try this: Alaska Division of Community Advocacy

Good luck.

Ken

Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 PM

49 posts, read 232,624 times
Default Cold Bay info

I spent two nights in Cold Bay in August 2002. The Izembek Wildlife Refuge was wonderful, but there's a lot involved in living there. Besides visiting there (which of course you need to do), you might be able to get specific info from someone who works at the US Fish and Wildlife station there - they have a pretty large presence there (this link has a local phone number: Office Directory: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service). I'd call them and just explain what you want to do and see if someone will talk with you.

It's an interesting place. Good luck.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,067 times
Forgetwho has it right. It's kind of a cool spot...in more ways than one.

I've been there several times by boat and by air. To give you perspective, it's about as far to Cold Bay from Anchorage as it is to Prudhoe Bay. And of course you can't drive there.

I'm curious as to why you want to live in the area. It is pretty much an airport and some government buildings and support people.

I do like the spot myself, primarily because it is so remote but still has jet service to Anchorage.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,220 times
Default Cold Bay land for sale

[LEFT]I lived in Cold Bay for seventeen years and have been away for nineteen. As far as I know most of the land if not all is owened by the Native corp. There is one airport,store and bed and breakfest. I miss home dearly. My brother and parents still live there if you are needing pictures or more info they can help you. My brother Harold was mayer there and my mother was treasurer at one time. There are 77 people there and there is a library. If you like sedlusion ordering food from a catalauge, fishing,hunting and peace you will love Cold Bay. They do have a store but prices are high. You will have to go to Post Office to get your mail and take your own trash to the dump. I know of three homesteads.All phone numbers start with 907 area code and 532 the last four are all different Fosty fuel is 2740. Harold Kremer works there and he could give you the info you seek. He is my dad and a long time resident of Cold Bay . I hope this has helped you. Sincerly KatieJo

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/alaska/154395-realtor-cold-bay-ak.html#ixzz0btdRsBLp
[/LEFT]

Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM

216 posts, read 364,528 times
Spent a few days there in Feb yrs ago, was very cold and windy sure was glad to get back to Kodiak. Pretty place though, course I like most everywhere in AK, each place is unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska