Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,255 times

Advertisements

Man-O-Man, Those MEA Linemen are some tuff sob's. God bless them to night. A tree fell on the lines right infront of our house, 10 degrees and 50+ mph winds with gust up to 80!!!mph, and these guys are out there in a boom truck, in the dark hooking us back up. I don't think I will b!+$ch about paying my electric bill anymore.
You guys ROCK!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times

Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongazid View Post
Man-O-Man, Those MEA Linemen are some tuff sob's. God bless them to night. A tree fell on the lines right infront of our house, 10 degrees and 50+ mph winds with gust up to 80!!!mph, and these guys are out there in a boom truck, in the dark hooking us back up. I don't think I will b!+$ch about paying my electric bill anymore.
You guys ROCK!!!!!
Ditto that one.. we lost power several times over the last couple days. Although, I think they just re-routed with the exception of one. This wind is the worse I've experienced..

Old 01-12-2010, 12:03 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Ditto that one.. we lost power several times over the last couple days. Although, I think they just re-routed with the exception of one. This wind is the worse I've experienced..
This is a bad wind storm, but they get worse. You should be prepared for 100+ mph gusts. They don't happen every year but you will get them eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got that on their wind meters this time.

We came out of the ATT sports center last night and the wind was literally knocking people off their feet.

I agree about the MEA linemen BTW. "they should get a badge for that"

Old 01-12-2010, 03:54 PM

251 posts, read 679,833 times
So basicly they did something that was probably against company policy or at the very least extremely dangerous and could have exposed MEA to law suits. IBEW wages in gerneral are overly inflated anyways. Going up in a lift in unsafe conditions is 20-30 year ago thinking where you were not a man unless you walked around a roof top without restraints because restraints took to long to put on so you just get up there and do your job boy, oh opps he fell and the company got sued for 10 million. There is alot of this old timer bull headedness that still exists, you just have to minimize your exposure to it.

Rolls eyes.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
So basicly they did something that was probably against company policy or at the very least extremely dangerous and could have exposed MEA to law suits. IBEW wages in gerneral are overly inflated anyways. Going up in a lift in unsafe conditions is 20-30 year ago thinking where you were not a man unless you walked around a roof top without restraints because restraints took to long to put on so you just get up there and do your job boy, oh opps he fell and the company got sued for 10 million. There is alot of this old timer bull headedness that still exists, you just have to minimize your exposure to it.

Rolls eyes.
oh blow it out your ear...my gosh you'd be the first to complain about paying for a day without electricity! that's why they make the money they do...go live on an island somewhere with nothing so you have nothing to complain about!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:43 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This wind is the worse I've experienced..
Sophie eating bacon wrapped halibut was much, much worse.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Sophie eating bacon wrapped halibut was much, much worse.
ewwww...poor Sophie waddya feed her that for??? bad master, bad master....

Old 01-12-2010, 04:51 PM

216 posts, read 364,528 times
I'll probably get kicked for this.

So I guess the fire dept should not go into burning houses to save someone or the police should'nt go to a home invasion - or shooting - they may be in danger, how about the Coast Guard going out there in the worst conditions to save a fisherman. I call it responsibility - that may be why they went out.

Thank you to all who serve the people.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakester View Post
I'll probably get kicked for this.

So I guess the fire dept should not go into burning houses to save someone or the police should'nt go to a home invasion - or shooting - they may be in danger, how about the Coast Guard going out there in the worst conditions to save a fisherman. I call it responsibility - that may be why they went out.

Thank you to all who serve the people.
Lakester...we're dealing with MMidjits...mental midjits here no normal comprehension of everyday life!! it is the world according to them and it is clueless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska