Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 PM

128 posts, read 295,265 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by moosehop
or like just the other morning, I went down my trail to my cold outhouse and 25 yards on the other side, there stood 3 moose grazing on willow. What a picure that made.

I have kids and a sister with kids on the east coast, and I miss them dearly sometimes. We all have verizon, so we talk all the time and that really helps me. I think the hardest time is when the weather is letting me have it and I am tired and nothing seems to be going right, but then that night the full moon is out, the northern lights, or the sun is smiling down on me, or like just the other morning, I went down my trail to my cold outhouse and 25 yards on the other side, there stood 3 moose grazing on willow. What a picure that made. I find it hard to put into words, but some of the moments I get here are the best life can offer. My daughter is flying up to see me in June, my Dad is coming in August to fish with me, "Life is good".

This is the kind of stuff that makes winters enjoyable. Where else can you see this?

I hope you can see all 3, third one is on the right. This made my morning coffee even better.

Last edited by moosehop; 02-06-2010 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 03:22 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times
Thanks for sharing that awesome picture.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:06 AM

27 posts, read 98,485 times
Isn't it amazing that no matter how many moose or other varieties of wildlife we see, we never get tired of looking at them. Alaska is The Best!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,459,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehop View Post
Originally Posted by moosehop
or like just the other morning, I went down my trail to my cold outhouse and 25 yards on the other side, there stood 3 moose grazing on willow. What a picure that made.
I have kids and a sister with kids on the east coast, and I miss them dearly sometimes. We all have verizon, so we talk all the time and that really helps me. I think the hardest time is when the weather is letting me have it and I am tired and nothing seems to be going right, but then that night the full moon is out, the northern lights, or the sun is smiling down on me, or like just the other morning, I went down my trail to my cold outhouse and 25 yards on the other side, there stood 3 moose grazing on willow. What a picure that made. I find it hard to put into words, but some of the moments I get here are the best life can offer. My daughter is flying up to see me in June, my Dad is coming in August to fish with me, "Life is good".
This is the kind of stuff that makes winters enjoyable. Where else can you see this?
I hope you can see all 3, third one is on the right. This made my morning coffee even better.
You know, I've just read your second story with pleasure. Thank you. I say, it seems to me you have real talent of a writer.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:10 AM

128 posts, read 295,265 times
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
You know, I've just read your second story with pleasure. Thank you. I say, it seems to me you have real talent of a writer.
Thank you , I love to write and you just made my day smile

Old 02-14-2010, 01:58 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,459,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehop View Post
Thank you , I love to write and you just made my day smile
Got it. Keep it up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska