Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
No, I don't. I was there once visiting a friend who has since left. There's no denying the beauty of Alaska, but I had an over-whelming feeling of isolation while there. Unless you live for hunting and fishing, or enjoy playing Robinson Crusoe, there's really no reason to make Alaska your home.

I suspect the lack of things to do is why Alaska residents are number one (of all 50 states) when it comes to time spent online. I'm sure its the perfect place for a select few. I just don't happen to be one of them.
Well, take the interior of Alaska where it can be very cold and dark during the winter months. It's not fun enjoying the outdoors when -30 degrees or colder, but it's a lot more fun to stay indoors doing something like this (you pick the ones you like):

a. Staying indoors getting drunk, having sex, eating, whatever...Just surfing the net (spending time in this forum)
b. Being outdoors freezing your butt

Besides, the simple fact that you are here in this forum spending time with us is an indication that you too spend a lot of time on the Net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:47 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
No, I don't. I was there once visiting a friend who has since left. There's no denying the beauty of Alaska, but I had an over-whelming feeling of isolation while there. Unless you live for hunting and fishing, or enjoy playing Robinson Crusoe, there's really no reason to make Alaska your home.

I suspect the lack of things to do is why Alaska residents are number one (of all 50 states) when it comes to time spent online. I'm sure its the perfect place for a select few. I just don't happen to be one of them.
oh are clueless! an just why did you feel a need to come onto this forum with this attitude about Alaska??? where did you get the figure that Alaskans are number one state on the internet??? so if your not a select one of them you certainly have spent enough time chewing our ear....bye stay on a state forum that you like for what ever reason...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
oh are clueless! an just why did you feel a need to come onto this forum with this attitude about Alaska??? where did you get the figure that Alaskans are number one state on the internet??? so if your not a select one of them you certainly have spent enough time chewing our ear....bye stay on a state forum that you like for what ever reason...

Calm down, take a deep breath and step away from the Keyboard...

OK, have at it...

Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:

Well coming to Alaska and seeing it is at least a first step in trying to grasp the State. I have lived here a lifetime and still and amazed by it and the different places that I have yet to see.

Yeah, at -50 it is a bit cold to be outside... Same as I expect you don't play outside when there is a Hurricane or Tornado going on. But we still get out and get stuff done.

No clue to how you established we are #1 on the internet in the Nation... Heck, most smaller towns in the lower 48 have more people than the entire State...

What part of the state did you get to visit? There are as many different areas as almost the lower 48 have. We have rain forest, arctic deserts, heavy forest, tundra and a host of other places to see.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Calm down, take a deep breath and step away from the Keyboard...

OK, have at it...
so sorry everyone....enough already with the ....umm..umm....coming onto the forum to spew about happenings, slam Alaskans and Alaska. Deep breath taken....thanks Starlite....attitude adjusted....I already had at it! not to say it will not happen again though

Old 03-12-2010, 07:25 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
He's probably seen the ports in Southeast....

Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, take the interior of Alaska where it can be very cold and dark during the winter months. It's not fun enjoying the outdoors when -30 degrees or colder, but it's a lot more fun to stay indoors doing something like this (you pick the ones you like):

a. Staying indoors getting drunk, having sex, eating, whatever...Just surfing the net (spending time in this forum)
b. Being outdoors freezing your butt

Besides, the simple fact that you are here in this forum spending time with us is an indication that you too spend a lot of time on the Net.
I am sure having sex beats the crap out of everything else, cold or hot, indoors or outdoors.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:

So you visited Alaska once and are now an expert. Uh, yeah. Thanks for the enlightenment. Please keep it coming.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,414 times
ya....all you guys with over 3000 posts are Alaska internet junkies

and at over 8500...well, I better not say for fear of something bad coming my way

Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
I think there was some study done awhile back that found that Alaska did have the highest internet use among the states, though I don't know that that's such a terrible thing, except for in Ray's case as he uses it primarily to photochop pics of the former gov to salivate over. That tends to get him in trouble with his wife which is why Ray is immediately recognizeable by the frying pan shaped dents in his fat old head.

I think I saw you at ice carving, Ray. I think I'll carve one of your head and enter it next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska