Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:28 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,272,778 times

Advertisements

(The subject line is just to annoy Star and Moose)

NYT reports that Alaska Airlines now has a new healthy snack pack.

No Longer Free, Airplane Food Tries to Be Tasty - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM

471 posts, read 1,063,502 times
Maybe I just fly too much, but this is not new at all, they have offered a "healthy" pack for at least a few months, maybe longer.

Also I don't know where providing a healthy meal = liberal.... If I remember correctly... it wasn't long ago that AS was still offering prayer cards with your meals.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,032,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
If I remember correctly... it wasn't long ago that AS was still offering prayer cards with your meals.
They still do on the regular meals served up front on the long flights. I'm surprised that some busy-body with nothing better to do hasn't filed a lawsuit about it yet.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM

100 posts, read 224,219 times
yes, I flew a lot last year and they have had that little box for at least a year. It seems a bit spendy, but is tasty and well balanced.

Nan

Old 04-15-2010, 12:48 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,751,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
If I remember correctly... it wasn't long ago that AS was still offering prayer cards with your meals.
PRAYER CARDS......that'd make me want to get off the flight!!! Are you suppose to pray that you don't die from the food or for the plane not going down???

Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
PRAYER CARDS......that'd make me want to get off the flight!!! Are you suppose to pray that you don't die from the food or for the plane not going down???

Seriously...........

Old 04-15-2010, 04:40 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,584,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
(The subject line is just to annoy Star and Moose)

NYT reports that Alaska Airlines now has a new healthy snack pack.

No Longer Free, Airplane Food Tries to Be Tasty - NYTimes.com
Not annoyed at all, they aren't getting more healthy stuff, they are getting "Cheaper stuff"... Calling something "Healthy" that is garbage makes it sound more palitable... All marketing and what the sheeplie will buy...

Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,272,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Calling something "Healthy" that is garbage makes it sound more palitable... All marketing and what the sheeplie will buy...
Gee, I didn't know you had turned against Fox so vehemently. Good for you, buddy!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 AM

471 posts, read 1,063,502 times
lol sorry to bring the thread to the prayer card tangent, here is what I will say on the issue:

I am a militant agnostic (as funny as that sounds) -- I think people should believe in God, and the SCIENTIFIC THEORY of Intelligent Design (NOT CREATIONISM) is a valid theory that fills the holes that Darwinism cannot explain.
I think militant Atheists are just people who have nothing better to do than pretend like they know exactly how everything happened and force their beliefs down your throat.
I think that religious people are gullible, and that organized religion is a crock.

Now that I have successfully alienated myself from the rest of the forum let me contenue:

As much as I hate religious stuff, or "God Stuff" ... I can appreciate it. Not religious? Don't read it, don't pay attention to it... They are not FORCING religion (the bible -ugh-) on you.. They are simply providing a means for people who do believe in the bible.

===================

Btw, not ALL the meals are bad... I had this awesome one, I think it was the hummus pack, that was delicious. For those of you lucky enough to fly up front, they have some pretty good meals up there too, even flying to Bethel they had a not-half-bad salad.

===================

I await snide remarks and belittling now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska