Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM

27 posts, read 117,403 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of narrowing down specific areas to consider seriously for relocation. Since I can't find time (right now) to fully explore each one I hope that I can get some feedback from this forum. I would enjoy reading opinions about 2 areas I'm interested in, the New Paltz region and the Saratoga Springs region. I've got a fair idea about local property taxes and housing but I need info about everyday life, things to do, local stores, how far to hiking or biking trails, water sports, local hangouts... where are the movie theaters, music venues? Where do the locals go for a frozen yogurt, in the middle of the night, do upstate drivers tail-gate as closely as downstate drivers (and can I shoot at them) ??
Any info is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 10:07 AM

39 posts, read 77,835 times
Can you shoot at them? WTF?

Old 11-05-2014, 04:26 PM

112 posts, read 245,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post
Can you shoot at them? WTF?
I'm assuming it was a lame attempt at humor. I started to respond to the original post - then realized it was over seven years old.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:40 PM

39 posts, read 77,835 times
I noticed that too but it was strange enough, I had to comment.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:11 PM

16 posts, read 16,584 times
I've lived in Saratoga before. There are many locally owned resturants, stores, among other things on the Main Street (Broadway). I love the track in the summer, and Lake George is just a few minuets away. There was a very nice theater that just opened up in downtown a few months ago, and there are several more in the area. There is SPAC (Saratoga preforming arts center) which has a many impressive concerts and shows. There are nature rrails are everywhere 'cause of all those dang Adirondaks. And you HAVE to go to the spas, they are really quite incredible. I don't know much about frozen yogurt, but we have some of the best ice cream in the WORLD (a gas station called Stewart's won an INTERNATIONAL ICE CREAM COMPETITION for crying out loud!) There are also many farmer's markets in the area, along with many incredible local farms. Some dairy farms will even deliver fresh milk in glass bottles to your house. No, you cannot shoot drivers, and no they are not nearly as bad as the ones down state. Sorry, don't really have anything on New Paltz though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area