Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which hospital has the best maternity ward?
Albany Medical Center 0 0%
St. Peter's 2 50.00%
Ellis 0 0%
Other 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,827 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Latham, NY and am planning to get pregnant in the next year. I'm choosing an Ob/Gyn, but want to know about the maternity wards that they work with before settling on one. Pretending that health insurance coverage is not an issue, which Capital District area hospitals have the best maternity wards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 AM

57 posts, read 162,787 times
My wife had her baby at bellvue, it was terrific. It wasn't busy at the time so i had my own bed in the room and stayed the whole time, even getting wonderful meals for 5 bucks a day. The nurses were fantastic and we both loved the experience, almost paying 500 bucks to stay another day... lol..

That being said, dr. satar is the best doctor in the capital region, not sure if i got the spelling right. Every patient and nurse absolutely loves him, our doctor was in africa on vacation, so we got satar instead, and he visited us every day after the birth just to say hi, when he didn't have to, and he would walk around saying hi to the nurses and being totally friendly.. great man that guy is.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:34 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
I second Bellevue. It has been taken over by Ellis Hospital now, but essentially very little has changed. Sadly, I wasn't able to get pregnant,
but had nine surgeries - all at Bellevue. They treated me & my husband like royalty. I have never heard one negative thing about Bellevue
from any new parent. Cannot say the same for AMCH & St. Peter's.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM

267 posts, read 971,245 times
I vote Bellevue as well. I've had 3 kids there. Each labor and delivery was different and they handled each situation really well. My doctors at CareNet are in Niskayuna, might be kind of far for you but I enjoyed an all female OB practice.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:28 PM

264 posts, read 444,044 times
I give props to Dr. Sattar and his office, also - that's whom I went with when I was pregnant with my daughter (she's now 3 and change). I didn't actually have Dr. Sattar (although many friends and family have and loved him).. I actually saw the midwifes mostly (same office).. but ended up with a c-section so needed one of the OB's and had Kerner- loved her!!! I had a very high risk pregnancy with a preemie (4 lbs) and they were all super with me, and had me under great care. I would go back to them in a heartbeat (though I'm not having more kids, I would still choose that office).

I, too, delivered at Bellevue- at the time, we had another maternity ward opened (st clares) and I was supposed to go there, but I needed the NICU that Bellevue had... so ended up there last minute. The staff was good. The only thing I was NOT fond of was the 'sharing rooms' thing... that's so 1800's to me, LOL! Thankfully, the capital region and pregnant women were apparently more sparse in March of 2006 because there were a lot of empty rooms.. so my husband was able to stay in the extra bed. I would NOT have wanted to share a room. But otherwise, the staff was great.. I enjoyed my stay and felt taken care of just fine.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:23 PM

57 posts, read 162,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepooks View Post
I just moved to Latham, NY and am planning to get pregnant in the next year. I'm choosing an Ob/Gyn, but want to know about the maternity wards that they work with before settling on one. Pretending that health insurance coverage is not an issue, which Capital District area hospitals have the best maternity wards?
Where are my manners.. congratulations!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM

65 posts, read 204,641 times
Hello, this post is a little old, but I was wondering what peoples recent thoughts are on the best maternity wards from the below list:

Ellis Hospital

Albany Medical Center Hospital

St Peter's Hospital

Bellevue Woman's Care Center

St Clares Hospital

Albany Memorial Hospital

St Peters Health Care Services

thanks,
cooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area