Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 07:50 AM

961 posts, read 2,502,661 times

Advertisements

Beyond your lack of being able to spell our county's name right..despite living here "quite a while"...or was it Saratoga?...no matter. To you and anyone else reading your posts, I will address your comment about our high school's ranking in the state There are over 2000..yes, 2000 secondary schools in NY..including those in well to do areas with a lot of backing $$$..and also private parochial schools, along with prep schools. By standards used by our state...Owego's secondary school (middle and high school) ranks #270. Just about in the top 25% for NY. Not bad for a fairly rural county with a avg lower income level. But I am sure you already knew all of this...not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 07:57 AM

..and if we put 7-9th grade...(middle school) in its own category...the high school / 9-12th grade , ranks in the top 15% of schools. My previous ranking of 20% was extremely conservative....

Old 11-01-2021, 04:04 PM

640 posts, read 2,011,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
....for all your perceived class you try to roll out here..you couldn't even spell this county's name correctly ...it's TIOGA. Check your ankles for a chain. If none are present, leave for another location.
Actually I wasn't referring to Tioga county at all (it's a county that's easy to forget...I've been there for work all too many times. Depressing and cloudy wouldn't even begin to describe it). Toga is short for Saratoga (we call it that here..). But I'll help you with removing the foot out of your mouth. I was referring to the Saratoga school district...highly touted by the locals but highly mediocre on the State level. I've been to Owego...outside of Lockheed it's got a nice drug problem amongst it's citizens.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:17 PM

9,119 posts, read 6,165,173 times
So guys - same ol' same ol' - nothing changed since 2015 when the OP originally posted his tirade?

I guess the OP can't be original since he had to bring back a six year old thread.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:25 AM

Default foot in mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
Actually I wasn't referring to Tioga county at all (it's a county that's easy to forget...I've been there for work all too many times. Depressing and cloudy wouldn't even begin to describe it). Toga is short for Saratoga (we call it that here..). But I'll help you with removing the foot out of your mouth. I was referring to the Saratoga school district...highly touted by the locals but highly mediocre on the State level. I've been to Owego...outside of Lockheed it's got a nice drug problem amongst it's citizens.
Insulting others seem be your style. It's not "Toga"...it's Tioga..but hey...why let grammar get in the way of your insults.. You specifically mentioned our local schools..and I responded CORRECTLY. So get the foot(or feet) out of your mouth. And your off handed comment about " our drug problem". You speak from experience? Doubt It. I'm prior LEO. And anyone(hey, that's you!) that thinks drug use is more rampant or common in (please get it right on you next insult) Tioga County...is woefully ignorant of the facts. I have family in both counties and take your rude comments as the effort of a "troll in training".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area